SCORE!

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric

Mark Bliss

SCORE!

Post by Mark Bliss » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:01 pm

Whaaa.png
Whaaa.png (557.45 KiB) Viewed 11505 times
No! It's true Joe!
Yes I did just buy a brand new un-played Fender Squire Jaguar special bass, in a brand new Gator gig bag, with a brand new strap and cord still in bags and a brand new still in the plastic and in the box Yamaha YT-250 tuner all for less than $150 at a second hand store.
Cant explain what it was doing there. But there was also a very nice brand new Squire Strat, and Brand new Mustang amp, and a brand new Peavey Vyper amp sitting there. All with new packaging and even each with owners manuals and such.
I am baffled but dang near took it all home. Might go back yet and see if the Vyper is still there........

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JagBsVMCRT
750-JagBsVMCRT_front.jpg
750-JagBsVMCRT_front.jpg (48.38 KiB) Viewed 11504 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

Acoustica Greg

Re: SCORE!

Post by Acoustica Greg » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:05 am

Hi,

Oh, man. I never find stuff like that!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Give it a try here: http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/
Check out our Mixcraft University video tutorials.

Mark Bliss

Re: SCORE!

Post by Mark Bliss » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 pm

After playing it a bit, I have confirmed its a keeper.
The combination of pickups give it a broader tonal range, and the active preamp gives it a solid output that should work well for DI.
And the playability is pretty amazing for an economy instrument. I keep reading that the Squire line has a lot of potential, and now I have two and have to agree. Pretty surprising value.
The Squire Tele I picked up last fall just required a little careful set up to play nicely. The biggest issue was a low action causing buzzing at the nut on two strings. I installed one of those fancy newfangled ZeroGlide nuts and fresh strings, set the intonation and its a really nice player! Some would want hotter pickups, but for a guitar that is acquirable at $199 new, its a bit of a surprise.
The Jaguar special bass is similarly surprising. It was pretty good right out of the bag, but for my tastes the neck relief was a touch excessive. Detuned it and gave the truss rod 1/4 turn and tuned it back up. Intonation was good and the thing plays real nice. Great find for the "studio"!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page