MY NEW PRINTER ISN'T LISTED IN ACOUSTICA CD LABEL

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Acoustica Greg

Re: MY NEW PRINTER ISN'T LISTED IN ACOUSTICA CD LABEL

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's no update from our end. You might contact Canon and ask them why the disk tray option isn't available when you try to set the media type option.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
spartan7420

Post by spartan7420 »

I've done some reading on the Canon forums, they are less than helpful over there as I'm sure you know. It's a shame because I love the program. I guess my only option is to find another program. The thing is, I am able to get the printer to print to disc with the settings I have listed in my previous post with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Paint, but obviously those programs are less than ideal for printing on discs. If those programs can print to disc, I feel like there has to be a way to fix it on the software side. Just my thoughts, maybe easier said than done. Thank you for your reply anyway Greg.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's mystifying why it shouldn't work, because we're just displaying the options that the printer driver is providing to us. Other Canon models give you a disk tray option.

Greg
Robarino

Post by Robarino »

Likewise, I"m having similar problems with a brand new Canon TS8322. It gives me the error 'The media type and paper size are not set correctly'.

Media Type is set to Printable disc. Printer paper Size and Paper source are set to 'Multi-purpose Tray' .
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try contacting Canon and asking them why you don't have that option. Other Canon models do have it.

Greg
Robarino

Post by Robarino »

Contacting Canon and telling them your software doesn't work with their newest printers isn't going to accomplish much. The Canon Easy-Print software that came with the printer does work for printing to CD/DVD. I also did some research and testing and found that Disketch Disc Label also works. It was the first thing that came up when I googled for CD/DVD print software. Honestly they aren't as flexible as Acoustica CD label was in designing the labels but since Acoustica doesn't seem to work anymore, and Acoustica tech support apparently doesn't care, that flexibly doesn't matter. I guess I'm going to have to make due and use what does work. Might as well uninstall Acoustica. Bye.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Well, I've passed reports of these problems along to the software developer, and I'm not sure what else I can do. He's been unable to get it to work.

With other Canon printer models, you would be able to select Disk Tray in the media settings. Canon changed the way that their printers work.

So when tech. support suggests that you contact them, tech. support is trying to work the problem from both ends - giving info to the creator of our software, and also to encourage the company that makes the software to help with the solution. It's good for Canon to hear from their own customers that people want to use this particular software.

Greg
CurtH

Post by CurtH »

Hi I see the last post in this thread was back in August. Has there been any progress in getting this problem resolved? Had I seen this thread a month or so ago I probably wouldn't have bought a Canon TS 8320 since i have the same problem as everyone else above. I did contact Canon and they got it to print using their software, which is about as bare bones as you can get. It cannot do the things that Acoustica can. Canon tech assistance says they have nothing to do with how any other software works with their printers. Nice. . Has anyone from Acoustica actually spoken with someone from Canon to fix this? I would bet the combination surely would come up with a fix.

Thanks
Curt
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

No updates from my previous response in August. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you! The software developer is aware of this issue.

Greg
CurtH

Post by CurtH »

Thank you for replying. Here are screen grabs of what I get when I try printing to disc:
Image 2.jpg
Image 2.jpg (49.94 KiB) Viewed 45052 times
Also the template does not line up properly . This is what it looks like when I hit print preview for canon TS8000 series full printable CD/DVD Image
acoustica .jpg
acoustica .jpg (17.35 KiB) Viewed 45052 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

With other Canon printers, you could set the Media type to disk tray, and that would fix this issue. Canon doesn't seem to offer that option anymore.

Greg
maxspadge

Post by maxspadge »

As anyone got a Canon TS705 to work with this program been on to Canon and they are no help what so ever

Thanks
Dave
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

maxspadge wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:20 am As anyone got a Canon TS705 to work with this program been on to Canon and they are no help what so ever

Thanks
Dave
Hi,

We don't currently support the Canon TS705, but I've passed requests for a TS705 template along to the software developer.

Greg
maxspadge

Post by maxspadge »

Thank you will look out for it

Cheers
Dave
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Where is this MEDIA TYPE tap you are all talking about ? In the Canon printer settings or Acoustica label maker ? I can't find it now, as my Canon TS8120 just refuses to print on any cd/dvd now. Use to work fine, but I don't know what has changed since I printed a few cd's a few months ago.When I design and want to print a cd now, the printer keeps telling me my paper tray is empty, and spits out my cd and it's cd holder. Thanks.