Canon Pro-100

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

nuroo

Canon Pro-100

Post by nuroo »

Hey

I use to have the HP Photosmart D7500 printer. I was able to print on cd's perfectly with only minor tweaks to adjust diameter hole size.

I recently purchased the Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Color Professional Inkjet Photo Printer, and there is no template/profile for this printer.

I tried to use the canon Pro9000 and Pro9500 templates because they were the closes model to mine I could find. When I use either of the templates only a portion of the image is printed on the CD. I also tried adjusting the Label: up, down, left, right, and it seems things are inverted so how???

Need help. I would like a template for this printer please
nuroo

Re: Canon Pro-100

Post by nuroo »

Using the "Canon Pro9000 printable CD/DVD" template.

adjustment of 36-37mm down seems ok

no adjustment of left or right centers image on dvd
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Glad to hear you were able to make that template work for you.
brnorman

Post by brnorman »

I spent some time and a few CDs working on getting Acoustica printing CDs on my Pro 100 and thought I would share my results.

Template Name: Canon Pro9000 MarkII printable CD/DVD <<--very important to pick right one

Adjustments: 3.00 mm To the Left
34.00 mm Down

Diameter: 118.00

Hole Diameter: 23.00

Good Luck - hope this helps someone

Bruce Norman Photography
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Actually, as of yesterday, we now have a template for the Canon Pro-100. Just download the Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker update file and install it.

Greg
Rohnsman

Post by Rohnsman »

I've downloaded the file you referenced Greg and installed it. My Canon Pixma Pro 100 prints the CD, but it is centered too far "down" (down being toward the front the printer) on the disc. I suppose I could enter an adjustment (if I knew how much to enter), but it would seem that if you've designed the template specifically for the Pixma Pro-100 (and this is to print directly on to the CD using the printer's CD tray), then it should work. Am I doing something wrong here? Thoughts? Fixes?

Thanks....
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It should work properly. Make sure that you do have the correct "Paper Type" setting selected. What's the full name of the template you've got selected?

Greg
Rohnsman

Post by Rohnsman »

Greg...

Bingo! That was the key... :D I'd been trying the paper type -

Canon Pro 100 full printable CD/DVD

and needed to instead use the

Canon Pro 100 printable CD/DVD

Once I did that, the printed disc was perfect right to the millimeter!

I'm not sure what the former one is for, but just so I have the right one, that's all that counts.

Thanks for the help. Great product! I'd been using the demo version and purchased it after getting things to print properly.

Just another thought.... What is the "full printable" version of this template supposed to do? Might it be better to give these templates names that would better describe their correct application so users would know which to use?