CD Text not being read

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

rodjoseph

CD Text not being read

Post by rodjoseph »

Folks,
I'm an old codger so please be gentle...

I have been using your excellent program for many years after trying several others. Recently I cannot get the program to recognise CDs I have burnt using the Acoustica Burner. These are my own 'collection' type Cds and obviously are not on CDDB but the READ CD button defaults to searching the database. I am obviously not seeing the forest for the trees because I can't seem to find a 'READ CD TEXT' option.
It is even more puzzling because the Acoustica Burner program reads the tracks in the Rip CD mode as does Audiograbber and MusicBee!
I did save some covers I did when I burned the Cds but a virus and Windows reload has sent those to neverland - the Cds were burnt within the last three months.
Even more dramatic - TODAY when I ran through the routine again - (a) Show Tracks
(b) Read CD
(c) Select drive (J)
ACOUSTICA LABEL MAKER HAS STOPPED WORKING

Help!

Rod.
Acoustica Greg

Re: CD Text not being read

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What changed on your computer since "Read CD" stopped working?

What you can do instead is use the "Import" option to load playlists from MP3 CD Burner.

Greg
rodjoseph

Post by rodjoseph »

Greg,
Thank you for your quick response.
Nothing changed on the computer recently but I had not used the program for nearly four months. I made several 'Various Artists' type CDs some weeks ago but ill health prevented me from finishing the job. I finally decided to do the labels and inserts last week and found the problem.
I was probably not intelligent enough to save the burn playlist because I can't find them anywhere to attempt an 'Import' as suggested. The mystery is that the Burner recognises the tracks in the Rip Cd window. Audiograbber (the program I use to mainly record LPs and Cassettes) also reads the CD text as does my player/database Music Bee....
I did a full uninstall of the program using 'Advanced Uninstaller' and removed all traces of the program. a system check discovered another full functioning installation on another drive, which I uninstalled with the acoustica uninstaller. I checked with "Registry Cleaner' to make sure there were no orphan entries and did a fresh instal of version 3.40.
Alas, there is no improvement to the problem and in fact the program crashes EVERY time i attempt a 'Read CD'.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate - Service pack 1 on a Hewlett-Packard Pentium4 3.20GHz with 2.5 Gb of Ram...

Rod.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hmm, that is odd.
What you could do is open your cd inn another program that has the ability to save a playlist. Then import that playlist into label maker.
Maybe audiograbber or other program has that capability?
rodjoseph

Post by rodjoseph »

Thank You,Eric....

The mystery is particularly annoying as the Acoustica Cd Burner program reads the cd in the Rip CD mode - there is a 'Save Song List' and 'Save song list as' option but it is greyed out and unoperational.

But, even more puzzling and disturbing is the fact the program SHUTS DOWN EVERY TIME I ask it to 'Read CD' even on a commercial shop bought CDs!!!

I am making more CDs soon and certainly I will be saving the lists and artwork but I feel the program is somewhat crippled....

Regards,
Rod.