Unable to find lightscribe drives in 3.40

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Phil Chave

Unable to find lightscribe drives in 3.40

Post by Phil Chave »

I've had this version (3.40) of CD label maker since launch and have been burning lightscribe ever since. Yesterday I printed to printable disc using Epsom PX730WD to make some colour labels. On trying to go back to lightscribe, my drive no longer shows up in the options box at the bottom left, even though the lightscribe button is along the menu bar. When I click it, the lightscribe box opens but no drives. I click refresh, again and again expecting the software to find my drive, but it doesn't. I've rebooted the computer several times, but to no avail. Please can you suggest what I might do to regain the use of the lightscribe option? Many thanks, phil chave.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Unable to find lightscribe drives in 3.40

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

HP has discontinued all support for LightScribe, but we'll continue to try to make it work if possible.

Try downloading and installing the latest LightScribe system software. LightScribe.com no longer hosts the system software, but you can download it here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Authoring-tools/Cover-editors/LightScribe-System-Software.shtml

Greg