Template for Avery 5931 / 8931: how to see both discs?

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Steve_K

Template for Avery 5931 / 8931: how to see both discs?

Post by Steve_K »

I've just downloaded Acoustica's program, think it's terrific and am grateful to the company for giving it to us.

But!

I'm using the Avery 5931 template. The paper sheet has two discs, one above the other.

On the monitor, however, all you see is one disc.

The disc can be edited, no problem there.

How, though, is the bottom/other disc made visible?

I ran a plain sheet of paper through the printer. Sure enough, it printed only one disc, not two.

Please don't tell me to print one disc, then put the sheet back in the printer, reversed, and print the bottom label. We're cautioned not to print a sheet twice.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple -- specifying the 5931 template should display what the sheet looks like -- but I can't see what it is.

All help appreciated.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Template for Avery 5931 / 8931: how to see both discs?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Increase the number of copies to 2. That will cause two discs to print on the same sheet.

Greg
Steve_K

Post by Steve_K »

Greg, thanks, but it doesn't solve the problem.

That's because one disc needs to be labeled Disc 1, the other disc labeled Disc 2. (And some other differences.)

So I need to edit each disc individually, not print two copies of the same disc.

What other ideas?

And I wonder why what we see on the monitor isn't the same as what we send to the printer.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker doesn't have an option to print two different labels on the same sheet. You have to re-insert the paper to do that.

What version are you using? When you click Print, a small print preview is displayed.

When you say that what you see on the monitor isn't the same as what prints, what do you mean, exactly?

Greg
Steve_K

Post by Steve_K »

Version 3.28. Downloaded and installed it today.

"When you say that what you see on the monitor isn't the same as what prints, what do you mean, exactly?"

I mean that the monitor shows one (1) disc, to which I can add text boxes, graphics, etc, but the template (and the page to be printed) has two discs.

Would seem I should be able to edit both discs individually. Heck, MS Word and Publisher let me do that, and Acoustica's dedicated labeling program should be better than them, right?

The problem with Word and Publisher is that the printed page doesn't align with the label (even though the Avery template number is specified). The printed page is off by 1/8" to 1/4", resulting in the print not covering the entire label, and I don't see a way to adjust for the error. (Am using an HP 2575 printer. Not the world's best, but pretty good.)

I'll be glad to keep using Acoustica. So many features. Just tell me how to edit two different discs at one time like MS does.

Thanks for your interest, Greg.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As I mentioned, we don't have a feature to do that; our software is just not designed that way. The ability to print two different labels on the same sheet at the same time would be a feature suggestion for a future update.

Greg
Steve_K

Post by Steve_K »

Ok, I'll wait for that to happen.

Guess this question can be considered closed.

Thanks again.
gbl

Post by gbl »

Oh man, how could you guys not provide access to all parts of the Avery template? We really need to have. Next rev? Please?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

gbl wrote:Oh man, how could you guys not provide access to all parts of the Avery template? We really need to have. Next rev? Please?
Hi,

You can print the same label twice on the same sheet, you just can't print two different labels at the same time on the same sheet. If you want to do that, you can re-insert the paper.

To use both labels, just increase the number of copies to 2.

Greg