Template for Vinyl CD-R Printable with smaller text area

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Danger76

Template for Vinyl CD-R Printable with smaller text area

Post by Danger76 »

Could Acoustica PLEASE create a template for a VINYL CD-R... in other words, a CD-R that is of a vinyl record... with a small inkjet printable hub, just like a Vinyl Record looks like. OR to make it easier, could the programme PLEASE allow us to create a printable area with dimensions of 41mm outter and 16mm inner hub.... PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!!. I want to print on these vinyl CD-R's of mine. I will have to change programmes if this isn't rectified!!!!. I have tried EVERYTHING with this programme.. but NOTHING works... it just overprints onto the actual Vinyl part of the CD-R. I have a Epson XP-850 printer.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Template for Vinyl CD-R Printable with smaller text area

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

These are printable CD-Rs? What's the exact brand of the CD-Rs you're using?

Have you tried editing a template? (File Menu > Edit Paper/Printer Templates)

Greg
Danger76

Post by Danger76 »

Hi
Yes I have tried playing with the templates.... and MOST will only allow a minimum outter diameter of 98mm, whereas I need the outter diameter to be reduced to 41mm.
I have brought these vinyl CD-R's from ebay a few years back, not sure what brand they are. and YES they are PRINTABLE CD-R's!.. I will try to include a picture of the disc.. the inner white circle is the printable area.
COULD YOU PLEASE allow us (the user's) to reduce the printing diameter to 41mm!!! and not just retricted to 98mm..
HELP!!!
Danger76

Post by Danger76 »

This is the Vinyl CD-R I am talking about... the white section around the inner hub is PRINTABLE with a ink-jet printer.. 41mm Outter
It is a ink-jet printable replica of a Vinyl Record... hence needing the outter diameter to be reduced to 41mm
Attachments
This is the Vinyl CD-R I am talking about... the white section around the inner hub is PRINTABLE with a ink-jet printer.. 41mm Outter <br />It is a ink-jet prinatbale replica of a Vinyl Record... hence needing the outter diameter to be reduced to 41mm
This is the Vinyl CD-R I am talking about... the white section around the inner hub is PRINTABLE with a ink-jet printer.. 41mm Outter
It is a ink-jet prinatbale replica of a Vinyl Record... hence needing the outter diameter to be reduced to 41mm
img032.jpg (168.32 KiB) Viewed 13091 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, thank you for your suggestion. I passed it along to the software developer!

Greg
Danger76

Post by Danger76 »

Hi Greg
Thank you soooo much... now I just hope that this programme is updated!!
Danger76

Post by Danger76 »

Hi
I am still waiting on a update of the programme to allow for the vinyl CD-R templates.
Do you know what is happening with the software developer?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have any updates planned for the immediate future, but I passed your request along to him.

Greg
Danger76

Post by Danger76 »

Has anything come of this upgrade as yet???...
I think the software would be the best-selling CD printing if we had more control over the templates (in re. to dimensions of the printing area).
Why don't you guys do something about this??... it such a simple upgrade!!!!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We do have a template for Neato Digital Vinyl CD Labels, but we don't have an option for printable CDs. The problem is that the smallest diameter is determined by the particular printer. One printer model might have a different minimum diameter than another. Our direct-to-CD templates are designed for each specific printer because of this. Are you still using an Epson XP-850 printer?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101