Case image cropped when editing DVD case template

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

pufffdragon

Case image cropped when editing DVD case template

Post by pufffdragon »

Hi. I have multi dvd cases in various sizes and every time I adjust the settings to match the exact size of the case, the image and text become cropped.

When I measure the page I had just printed, the dimensions are correct to what I put in, but the image is not.

I've attached two pics for comparison. The first pic shows how it looks in the program and the second pic (the printed result) you can see the image at the bottom of the page gets cut by at least 1cm. The dimensions I input are all within safe range of the A4 page and I've tried everything I could think of to fix this problem.

I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Attachments
Before Print.jpg
Before Print.jpg (313.81 KiB) Viewed 13307 times
After Print.jpg
After Print.jpg (257.35 KiB) Viewed 13307 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: Case image cropped when editing DVD case template

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which template are you using in the Paper Type setting?

Click Print in the label maker, then click Properties and examine the settings for your printer to make sure you're set to print same size or 100%.

Greg
pufffdragon

Post by pufffdragon »

Hi Greg and thanks for your prompt reply.

I've tried a few of the templates. Mainly the plain paper DVD case A4 and the 6 DVD case A4. Each one I adjust the settings to W-181mm, H184mm and spine 25mm.

I'm using a Canon MG5250 and have made sure the settings are within the A4 page. I tried changing some of the page layouts withing the printer properties and they did not make any difference.

I also tried an older version of the Label software but I still have that same issue. Even the small print preview withing the label software shows the bottom cut off.

Adjusting the height seems to cause issues. I just tried making the height larger to 191mm and on the screen looks ok but now the image within does not fill to the border line when printed.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

How about setting the image not as the background, but as a re sizable image. Then re-size it to fit. Try printing and see if it's better.
pufffdragon

Post by pufffdragon »

Hi Eric.

The images I'm using are being manually re sized withing the software. They are two separate pics and for the spine I'm just using a shape colour to fill.

I thought I would try the opposite and set an image as a background instead. Funny thing is when I set as a background the image prints out how it is on the screen without a problem. All except the text I put in. That still seems to get cut short.

I'm going to try and run the software from another PC and see if there is any change.
pufffdragon

Post by pufffdragon »

Ok so doing a fresh install and creating a new template on another PC didn't make any difference either. I don't know if it's a bug within the software or what.

I found if I'm adjusting the height outside the default of 184mm, it will cause cropping issues.
If I set the image as a background with the altered height, there are no issues. But because I'm using two separate images I cannot use this option.

I haven't found a fix for this but I did find a work around. It's not perfect but it works. Because this image was being cropped roughly 1cm from the bottom, I decided to shift the image and the text 1 cm up from the outside border line. Within this software it looks wrong, but when I print preview it's perfect.

Could I ask you guys if you have the time, to test same dimensions I'm using and see if you get the same result as me? You don't have to print anything, just select the "preview before printing" option in the printer properties ,and it will show the result of what it will look like.

The template is plain paper DVD case A4 , H-181mm, W-284mm, Spine-25mm using two separate images, adjusting manually to fit, for the front and back of the case.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us your project file.

Greg
pufffdragon

Post by pufffdragon »

Thanks Greg.
I've just submitted the project file.

Cheers, Damian