Wrong thumbnail image in art browse

Support and feedback for Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Peru

Wrong thumbnail image in art browse

Post by Peru »

Windows XP MCE SP3
Acoustica version 3.33

In the Art Browse window of Acoustica, one of the thumbnails of a png file is showing the wrong image as its thumbnail. The image shown in the thumbnail of the containing folder in Windows Explorer shows correctly.

The file works OK when I drag it to the disc label and shows correctly.

Why is this happening and how can I fix this?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That certainly is odd, maybe windows cached it as a previous version or something? I don't see anywhere that label maker might be caching thumbnails. Have you tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling? How about renaming the image file when label maker is closed?
Peru

Post by Peru »

I haven't tried reinstalling - I'll try that when I'm in between projects, as I need to get this done using a workaround.

If I rename the file, it shows the correct thumbnail. If I change it back to the original name, the thumbnail shows incorrect again. I tried to name a different file with that name and the same thing happened.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Seems like a cache issue, not sure if it would be with windows thumbnail cache files or something within label maker. If you set windows to show you "hidden" and "System" folders and files, you'll see a file called thumbs.db, try deleteing that and let windows recreate it.
Here's a screen shot of what it looks like http://www.hostsalive.com/screens/20110 ... -183kb.jpg
Peru

Re: re

Post by Peru »

Acoustica Eric wrote: If you set windows to show you "hidden" and "System" folders and files, you'll see a file called thumbs.db, try deleteing that and let windows recreate it.
I had previously tried that, as well as deleting and rebuilding the thumbnail cache in Acoustica.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Quit the label maker if it is running, then try deleting the contents of this folder:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Acoustica\CD Label Maker

Note: replace the "YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE" part with your actual Windows login name, of course.

Greg

P.S. If you have Windows XP, it would be as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Acoustica\CD Label Maker
Peru

Post by Peru »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Quit the label maker if it is running, then try deleting the contents of this folder:

If you have Windows XP, it would be as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Acoustica\CD Label Maker
I could not find the Roaming folder anywhere. I do have hidden files and folders enabled. I even did a search with hidden files and folders included.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm sorry, I guess I'm getting a bit rusty with Windows XP. Try deleting the contents of these folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\Application Data\Acoustica\CD Label Maker\Cache

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\Application Data\Acoustica\CD Label Maker\Backgrounds\Cache

Greg
Peru

Post by Peru »

Tried that, but still the same results.
ulisses

Post by ulisses »

Same problem here, the symbols (wmf) files are showing wrong symbols. Windows 7 64bit.