interface not loading all the way

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JimE

interface not loading all the way

Post by JimE »

Yeah...does anybody know what it's a sign of when plugin interfaces don't load completely or it takes a long time to fill up the whole box. I recently bought the Two Notes Torpedo plugin and lately the interface takes forever...the corners mostly and sometimes more just aren't there?? What's that
a sign of??? Thanks, Jim
Thomas

Re: interface not loading all the way

Post by Thomas »

Hello Jim,

From my experience, it's the VST3 plugins that have the most problems loading the UI. If you're using VST3, try the VST2. I think there are some compatibility issues/bugs involved. However, it's not easy to determine if it's the plugin or the host. Which Torpedo plugin are you using?
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
JimE

Post by JimE »

Hi, thanks...I'm using a TORPEDO CAPTOR the 20db attenuator (hardware) going to the interface/computer.
A few months now but I don't remember it not quickly loading. Now, all the time... the pieces of the interface slowly if at all fill in.
Corners take forever??
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Ah, so it seems you're talking about the plugin UI that goes with that piece of hardware. If you're sure it was working before, I would try to figure out what changed between then and now. IE., plugin update, DAW update, anything like that. I'm not familiar with Two Notes products and since it's hardware, I probably wouldn't be able to install a demo to check it on my system. You might want to try Two Notes support and I noticed they have a user forum as well.
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
JimE

Post by JimE »

Appreciate you!! Something you said made me think...yes, I recently installed the 64 bit version of MC. but have been working with the 32 bit version. Question...if I open the Torpedo in the new 64 bit version...that may have something to do with it. I'm going to go open it the orig. 32 bit and see if it's better. Thanks, Again.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Just a thought: Make sure your video/graphics card drivers are up to date. It's a wonder how older drivers can mess up all kinds of stuff.

M
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

JimE wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:49 am Appreciate you!! Something you said made me think...yes, I recently installed the 64 bit version of MC. but have been working with the 32 bit version. Question...if I open the Torpedo in the new 64 bit version...that may have something to do with it. I'm going to go open it the orig. 32 bit and see if it's better. Thanks, Again.
64 bit MC uses a built in bridge for 32 bit plugs. It tends to use more resources. 64 bit plugins are the way to go with 64 bit MC.
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
JimE

Post by JimE »

Thank you thank you! I forget...is there a way to go back and change the plugin to 64 bit?? Would you just have to reinstall the whole thing??
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Two Notes appears to have separate downloads for 32 and 64 bit. You can save the dll files the installer creates for future use.
-Tom
Windows 10 64-Bit
2TB SSD
JimE

Post by JimE »

Sweet. Thank you.