Cursor lagging when using Melodyne

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Zarby

Cursor lagging when using Melodyne

Post by Zarby »

After installing the latest Mixcraft Pro 9.0 Build 469, I am experiencing lagging in the position cursor when using Melodyne.

When I press play, the position cursor does not move right away and then it jumps ahead to catch up to the audio.
After the initial jump, the cursor moves along smoothly with the audio.  This only happens when the Melodyne window is open.

The audio plays fine, there is only a problem with the cursor display. 
I am using an older laptop but I never noticed this problem before with the previous build.  
I even purchased the latest Melodyne 5.1 upgrade thinking this might fix the issue... but it didn't help.

Has anyone else experienced this ?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Cursor lagging when using Melodyne

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have Melodyne 5.1.1? Check for updates within Melodyne to make sure you've got the latest update.

If it's happening with Melodyne 5.1.1, wait until it happens again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Zarby

Re: Cursor lagging when using Melodyne

Post by Zarby »

Thanks for the quick reply Greg.

Yes, I have Melodyne 5.1.1. Purchased it last night actually.
It was happening with Melodyne 4.x that I had before also though.

The problem happens every time when I press play (or spacebar) while the Melodyne window is open.
The cursor lags for a moment then jumps to where it should be. Both the cursors in the main Mixcraft window and in the Melodyne window are lagging. When I close the Melodyne window, the position cursor in the Mixcraft window advances normally.

I will send you the log file when I have a chance.