Mixcraft GUI / Skins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

CologneKeys

Mixcraft GUI / Skins

Post by CologneKeys »

Hello @ Acoustica / Mixcraft board,
PLEASE!!! make Mixcraft's GUI tweakable or at least provide some skins which are not so 'muddy'. I know it's a matter of taste but it is also a matter of feeling good with a DAW. Give us a chance to use brighter colors and contrast. I am sure the GUI is one reason for Mixcraft being underrated and underrepresented in general and that's a pity!
Am I quite alone with my point of view?
Regards from Cologne
cactus-head

Re: Mixcraft GUI / Skins

Post by cactus-head »

no you're not alone in terms of the editability. It would be cool if there was some kind of stand alone editor where you could tweak and save specific icon/tool sets for Mixcraft. It's possible to edit the graphics that are included with general paint programs but it's not real easy and there's only naming conventions to go off of so if you edit the wrong thing...

I can also imagine the company doesn't want a whole series of wild DAW skins out there that may give Mixcraft a bad, childlike, or non-modern reputation. Editability is cool and fun, but you don't want that to ruin your branding when it's not an open source or free program.
CologneKeys

Post by CologneKeys »

Hi cactus-head,
you're right saying "I can also imagine the company doesn't want a whole series of wild DAW skins" but I'm sure it would be easy for Acoustica to provide some professional skins with a variety of 'look and feel'. The importance of the design of a software product should never be underrated ...
Best regards from Cologne
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I agree it would be a nice addition if multiple varying skins were provided. There are 3 availabile in MC 9 - I use the Mixcraft 8 one. I personally have trouble with the current trend of flat UI layouts in earthtones and greys as it is.

I was just looking at it from "free for all" editing capability and a company not wanting to give up control of that.
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

I share 100% what CologneKeys mentions, since I use 4K monitors and Mixcraft's interface/GUI in terms of color and resolution is very poor, it lacks brightness and definition compared to other DAWs in the market, for example Bitwig has an impeccable image, although I prefer Mixcraft for my music. That's all, cheers! :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 10 (in early stages of development) should have vastly improved scaling.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Thanks Greg :)
pbognar

Post by pbognar »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:07 pm Hi,

Mixcraft 10 (in early stages of development) should have vastly improved scaling.

Greg
Waiting is the hardest part.
Jarone

Post by Jarone »

Hi all I am currently a Reaper user and the only reason I switched from the nice blue Cubase 5 was because somebody made a nice Cubase 5 like skin for it otherwise i wouldnt have bothered I saw Reaper years ago and I didnt find the color scheme appealing. Reaper like Abelton has Color adjusting sliders in it now so you can change the whole color scheme really quickly .There are some things I like about Mixcraft ie the Clip launch the LFO like automation that has caught my eye but not being able to adjust the color contrast brightness ect has stopped me from buying it as I cant work in another dull brown Daw I would be happy if t were Blue like in the add they show for it If this can be addressed I would buy it even Cakewalk has a few color options now (it doesnt seem to load all my plugins tho ) so its Reaper for now any way just a suggestion The Daw functionality looks good of course I cant comment on that as I dont have it oh and yes Reapers resizable Media window is very good I noticed that the Mixcraft one looked a bit small for sample browsing ect long and skinny is good for that floating is good then you can have on right or left side after all its about form function and flow I have found it much better to compose with the right color schemes and floating windows.