Korg instrument change sending Midi to Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

gmpolin

Korg instrument change sending Midi to Mixcraft

Post by gmpolin »

How do I tell Mixcraft to ignore signals coming from a Control Surface/Midi Keyboard?

For some time, without me touching anything in Mixcraft, I find that the volume of a track suddenly becomes zero, or a clip moves from one track to another. It was suggested to me that I am doing this myself, by messing with my Midi controller.

I have a Korg PA-4X connected to my audio interface, and to my computer as a MIDI device. This lets me play into Mixcraft either a line for a MIDI instrument or the audio from the Korg.

This all works great. Except that every time I switch sets of instruments on the Korg, the volumes on the first six tracks in my Mixcraft project change.

I haven't done any Midi leaning that I know of to map this. I assume that for some reason, the Korg sends out some MIDI information when I change instrument sets, and that ends up affecting Mixcraft. There are some Midi settings in the Korg, but nothing I understand! I want to send notes when recording but would like to tell Mixcraft to ignore everything else. Or I would like to tell the Korg to stop sending this information.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Korg instrument change sending Midi to Mixcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mix menu > MIDI Control Surface > Reset All

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
gmpolin

Post by gmpolin »

Thanks, Greg. I wish somebody had told me to do that the last time I asked about this. I probably made those settings from an old Midi Controller and forgot about them.
gmpolin

Post by gmpolin »

I have learned how to clear this problem from Greg's help on this post, but after clearing it, it has started happening again. Suddenly my volume values are being reset. When I go into Mix/Midi Control Surface, I see things are set again.

Is there a way I can keep Mixcraft from reassigning things based on whatever the Korg is sending it? Lock it down?

Thanks for any help with this.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Save the project without the mapping?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
gmpolin

Post by gmpolin »

Greg,

I am sorry that I don't understand your answer, or perhaps don't understand the problem. This occurs in all projects. I can reset it, but somehow it keeps happening. I start to notice, for example, that track volumes are changed, usually turned down to zero. I can visually see, for example, when I switch instruments on the Korg, some of the track volumes move.

After I go into Mix menu > MIDI Control Surface > Reset All, it is ok for a while, but then happens again.

So this happens while I am editing a project. I go to play my song, which I have been editing, and suddenly one of the parts is missing, not audible. By now I know to immediately check the track volume, and it has been changed or set to zero.

I have the Korg set up to record both audio and as the midi controller. This is very convenient, except for the fact that my track volumes keep changing. I would like to keep the Korg as the Midi controller.

I hope I have explained this well enough to be understood.

Glenn Polin