Doubler Plugin

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dude705

Doubler Plugin

Post by Dude705 »

I haven’t seen one in the list of stock plugins in MC. Does anyone know if there may be a doubler effect tucked away in one of the MC stock plugins?
Last edited by Dude705 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
GovernmentMule

Re: Doubler Plugin

Post by GovernmentMule »

I do not remember seeing one.

What type of track are you wanting to use it on?

If it is a vocal track Izotope has a free Vocal Doubler plugin.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/vocal-doubler.html

You can do a lot of the effects yourself, for instance if it is a guitar track. Duplicate the track and then turn off the Snap To Grid function and move the duplicated track forward a little in the timeline. I'm talking milliseconds here. Then you can also play around with the pan on each track too to get that richer and fuller sound. You can also add a delay effect on one track.

If it is a vocal track you can even duplicate the track 2 or 4 times and pitch shift each track semi-tones to create harmonies.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hello,

A chorus can help with a doubling effect as long as it's not too juicy. Try using the stock plugin TB MultiFX and choose the preset Lush Chorus. Slowly turn up or down the Wet Out to a point where you hear a doubling effect but it doesn't get too wild. Mess with the other dials (the LPF filter makes some subltle differences) to contour the sound to taste
Dude705

Post by Dude705 »

Thanks guys. Looking to use it for guitar leads and vocals.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I just tested the TB MultiFX that comes with Mixcraft, preset Lush Chorus on Vocals and guitar. My opinion is it does a pretty good job of creating a doubling sounding stereo field. Don't mess with LFO 1 or LFO 2. In fact keep the dial on LFO 2 all the way down and don't go crazy with the Wet
Frantiac

Post by Frantiac »

This freebie maybe? ADT - Artificial Double Tracking: http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/audioplugins/
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio