Mixdown Problem??

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

monnkey2

Mixdown Problem??

Post by monnkey2 »

I'm having a problem with mixing down projects. Once I mixdown the finished audio file will have really loud nasty popping sounds right at the beginning of the song, then it will go silent, and after a few seconds the song will fade in. Other times I will mix down and the finished audio file will only play in the left, or right speaker. I usually have to mixdown the same project 5 or 6 times before I get one that works correctly. What's causing this, and how can I fix it?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixdown Problem??

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
monnkey2

Post by monnkey2 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:52 pm Hi,

Please read this post: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24566

Greg
I've read that. I don't think it applies to the problem I'm having. Mixing down is adding the loud pops at the beginning of the song regardless of whether I listen to it inside Mixcraft or not. Also, I'm mixing down to the same sample rate and bit rate as the project. The thing is that it doesn't do this every time. If I just keep mixing down over and over eventually I get one that works correctly. It's just very annoying because it takes a long time to mix down a project, especially if you have to do it six times before it works properly.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

And the loud pop is always there, every time you play that particular file, in the same spot?

Greg
monnkey2

Post by monnkey2 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:49 pm Hi,

And the loud pop is always there, every time you play that particular file, in the same spot?

Greg
No, it's only there on the mixed down file, most times I mix down. It takes me a bunch of tries before I'll get one that doesn't have the loud pop right at the beginning. Also, the loud pop is sometimes really loud and sometimes it's quieter, but it's always the same per mixed down file. Sometimes, when the loud pop is really loud the whole track will go silent right after it for a few seconds and then slowly fade back in. There have also been a few times when instead of the loud pop at the beginning the mixed down file will only play out of the right channel.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
chhetri18

Post by chhetri18 »

Was anyone able to get this issue fixed or able to chime in? It seems I too have been getting this issue, unfortunately.
Thank you!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did the suggestions in this post not help? https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24566

If not, see my post above about sending in a log file.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Oh, it looks like you've already sent a log file in. We'll check it out.
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

Ever get a working fix for this? Having a horrible time lately on 8 pro anytime I adjust any parameters it kills something totally unrelated never been so frustrating to use
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In the case of the person before you in this post, it was due to plugins crashing.

Please describe the problem you're having in more detail. Is it that the audio sounds a certain way before you mix down, and then it sounds a different way in the mixed-down audio file?

If so, did you go through the steps in this post? https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24566

If so, get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

Sorry Greg I was at the end of a production run it was Ozone causing me issues, big surprise plug ins strike again lol I am a big fan of keeping it simple these days sorry it took so long to reply