hard drive cloning

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rhyman

Re: hard drive cloning

Post by Rhyman »

Thats the crazy part.....In the folder where I can at least access the song title....It tells me the amount of data contained and its just about right.However when I pull up the song in mixcraft The song title is there all the specific tracks and correct names of each track are there but all the tracks are empty of recorded data.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

I agree with cactus-head -- that this may be a permissions issue. After the cloning, at the very least, the data should be there, even if it isn't currently accessible.

It can't hurt to uninstall and re-install Mixcraft so that the application files get properly registered.

Before you try that, though, start MC with elevated privileges (Right-click on shortcut, then choose "Run as Administrator") to see if that does anything.
comedians

Post by comedians »

I too have had no problems with Mixcraft when cloning & switching between computers.

Have you tried doing a windows search on the PC for all audio files. Not knowing what format you recorded them try searching for *.mp3, *.ogg, *.wav most likely they will be named "Audio track", prefixed with 01, 02 etc if you recorded with Mixcraft and haven't renamed them.
BSArmstrong

Post by BSArmstrong »

Don't know if this has been resolved, but...

Older computers will typically store everything on the C: drive
More recent computers tend to reserve the C: drive for system files, and use a D: drive for data

Is it possible that it's the D: drive which is an exact clone of the old C: drive.
If so, then the location of the files will need to begin with D:\... rather than C:\.. for Mixcraft to find them in the location it's expecting.

Incidentally (so that Mixcraft doesn't get blamed for this) any other software (such as Microsoft Word or Excel) would also not neccesarily find files in the "same" locations if their "path" differs due to the first drive letter.