Assigning different devices to different drivers

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

littlebigpancake

Assigning different devices to different drivers

Post by littlebigpancake »

Hi, pretty new to this so I'm sorry if this question might not make total sense.

I just bought a Tascam US-1800 and I'm trying to use it with Mixcraft 8 on my Windows 10 PC. It has no problem transmitting audio, but it only does on the ASIO audio driver. The problem is my headphones are on the WaveRT audio driver. So I can either hear audio or record audio, but not at the same time. Any ideas on how to fix this?

It'd be simple if I could just assign my headphones to work on the ASIO driver but I don't know if that's how that works. Any help would be beyond appreciated.
Mark Bliss

Re: Assigning different devices to different drivers

Post by Mark Bliss »

ASIO takes exclusive control to achieve low latency.
You should be monitoring from your Tascam interface headphone output for correct results.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
littlebigpancake

Post by littlebigpancake »

Mark Bliss wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:09 am ASIO takes exclusive control to achieve low latency.
You should be monitoring from your Tascam interface headphone output for correct results.
Ohhh I see, so instead of having my headphones plugged into my PC I should have them plugged into the output on the Tascam. Or better yet have two pairs of headphones so I don't have to switch back and forth? I think I get it now lol. Thank you for the help.
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

You can only use one audio driver at a time inside Mixcraft, so your only solution is to connect your headphones to your Tascam, which actually seems like the logical thing to do in the first place.