Video playback on extended display

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ahdee

Video playback on extended display

Post by ahdee »

Hi,

I am using Mixcraft 9.0 Pro for my audio recording projects. I use an HP 4K Spectre x360 15 laptop running Windows 10 as my main workstation, and I extended the display to my 55" Sony TV via the HDMI port so can I have a bigger view of my display. I noted that if I just "Duplicate" my display to the Sony TV (i.e., extended monitor), everything seems to be fine. However, if I make my Sony TV as the "Extended Display", and if I am in Mixcraft and drag the its Video Track Window to the Extended Display, the video won't play. THE issue is very consistent as I have tried different videos and it shows the same problem. I confirmed that if I am out of Mixcraft, and play back the video and drag it over to the Extended Display, it plays fine. Not sure if anyone else has observed similar issues and if there is a fix or work-around for it.

Thanks!

-matt
Acoustica Greg

Re: Video playback on extended display

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are the displays using different resolutions?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ahdee

Post by ahdee »

Hi Greg,

Yes, my 4K laptop display resolution is 2048x1152, whereas my TV monitor resolution is 1080p.

Thanks!

Regards,
-matt
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

ahdee wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:41 pm Yes, my 4K laptop display resolution is 2048x1152
2048x1152 sounds more like 2K, not 4K
ahdee

Post by ahdee »

Yes, I have to adjust my laptop 4K display resolution down to make the display more legible for me.

BTW, I tried changing my 4K display to various resolution settings, but none seemed to help correcting the video display issue that I have when attempting to drag the video window to the extended display. The only workable configuration is to duplicate the display, which limits the usefulness of the extended monitor.

Thanks!

Regards,
-matt