Suggestion: Painting Notes By Length and Duration

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

WhimsyRain

Suggestion: Painting Notes By Length and Duration

Post by WhimsyRain »

I'd like a feature where if I set the note length to 16th notes, I could essentially just drag along the piano interface grid and it would continuously create 16th notes as far as I drag. To add even more functionality to it, it would be nice if I could essentially replace notes using the same brush. So, imagine I had a section of just whole notes, but I instead wanted to make them 8th or 16th notes, it would be nice if I could drag along my mouse across the note turning that whole-note into 16th notes. Even a MIDI Editing setting that would automate the process would be good too. Right now if you automated it to turn a whole note into a 16th note, it would just turn into a 16th note. But imagine if you wanted to turn all notes into 16th notes, while still keeping the length of the original notes. (Kind of confusing putting it that way, but I'm sure you guys understand.)

Here's an example. I have this (totally random) melody here, but I decide I want it to be 16th notes instead. I have to go through the annoying process of placing each 16th note manually:
Unautomated.jpg
Unautomated.jpg (77.67 KiB) Viewed 413 times
And just for fun, imagine if I could automate it to 16th notes with the click of a button (or drag of the mouse):
16th note automated.jpg
16th note automated.jpg (81.18 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: Suggestion: Painting Notes By Length and Duration

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

You know about the current note painting option, right?

Greg

Mixcraft 9's note painting feature.
Mixcraft 9's note painting feature.
paintnoteMX9.png (23.41 KiB) Viewed 407 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
WhimsyRain

Post by WhimsyRain »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:34 pm You know about the current note painting option, right?
Yep! But that doesn't do what I suggested. That paints a single note as long as you hold the mouse click down. What I'm looking for is painting multiple specific length notes (such as 16th notes) in a row as long as you hold the mouse down. So, for example. If I selected 16th notes, then when I used the paint brush, it would instead create 16th notes at every 16th note point for as long as I'm dragging the mouse. I hope this makes sense? It's kind of hard to explain properly.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, thanks again for your feature suggestion.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101