Mixcraft problems

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Lanny C

Mixcraft problems

Post by Lanny C »

I'm new to using Mixcraft, and getting to grips with it slowly, but i have encountered a few problems.

Recently i added some additional VSTs to the fx folder, and upon start up of DAW i get a Registry error message: saying "Please ensure this product has installed correctly" But then it would load up and be ready to use.. it does this every time now when i fire up Mixcraft.
But most recently i have been recording parts and when i come to save it or attempt a mixdown to mp3 the programme keeps closing down and not saving anything, and therefore i lose several hours of work tracking guitars, when it closed down the first time, i thought perhaps it was a one off glitch, so i re did all the guitars again from scratch, and to my horror it did the same thing and closed, so i lost all that work aswell :(

As i said i'm a complete newbie to using a DAW so my knowledge is still very minimal, this product was gifted to me from a friend who been helping me out, it was through the humble bundle offer.

I hope someone can shed some light on why this is happening & i would be interested in knowing if anyone else is experiencing the same problem?
Thanks for reading
L C
Northfield.Lenox

Re: Mixcraft problems

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

What were the VSTs you added? I have had similar problems and it came down to an effect VST incompatibility causing crashes. Acoustica was able to help by me sending in a ticket with the crash logs.
Lanny C

Post by Lanny C »

Hey thank you for that response, its funny you mention about the VSTs because i had my suspicions when i noticed i accidentally installed a 32 bit vst by mistake, I added quite a lot of effects and amp sims, and only really noticed it crashing a lot post installing them.. So i think your theory could be the cause of my problems too, as i had an incline that was the case. I have recently come across another bizarre issue, which may or may not be related to the above, but when i do a mix down to either WAV or MP3 the playback of that file is only playing half speed have you experienced this also?.

Thanks again for your help!
LC
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In regard to the audio changing when you mix down, please read this post: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24566

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Lanny C

Post by Lanny C »

Ok thanks Greg, yes i checked the sample rate before and it did match.. However
upon further investigation and collaborating with my drummer via email, we have in fact concluded that it wasn't a speed issue after all, but a pitch change issue instead, that was dropped several steps so it gave it the effect that it was playing slow Audio illusion i guess, I dont know how this happened as i never change or use pitch change option, Mixcraft just decided it was going to do it ...So im now trying to re adjust the pitch to match my guitar tuning, which isn't as straight forward as i thought it would be.. Im down in the bottom left corner, where the project, mixer & sound options are, adjusting it there, but ive got a feeling this occurred elsewhere, also not only does the mixdown version sound wrong, but the project file does too now aswell.. Its really frying my noodle :roll:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If it sounds wrong before you mix down, then go into sound device preferences and look at your settings there. Are you using ASIO mode? If so, you can try turning off the option called "Use Device's Preferred Settings." Restart Mixcraft and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, what sample rate are you using there? Try changing it to 44100 Hz, or match the sample rate you're using for Windows.

Greg
Lanny C

Post by Lanny C »

Excellent I'll try those things you suggested now
Thanks for your patience Greg
Lanny C

Post by Lanny C »

I have literally exhausted all options and tried everything i can think of other than uninstalling mixcraft completely and re installing it, in the hopes that it resets everything back to how it was when it was originally installed, Ive changed bit rates, ive checked and unchecked various things, ive switched from Asio to coreAudio, ive checked and unchecked use preferred device settings, ive adjusted the pitch manually still not matching my guitar tuning, ive pitched up and done a mixdown again, but that just played back a load of noise, even though there wasn't any channels armed
i have changed so many things that the grid layout itself has changed and dont know what i pressed to so i can change it back. Im at a complete loss, it just doesn't make any sense at all.. and too think this happened without me doing anything to cause it just confuses me even more.

So its either reininstall mixcraft, or find an option to reset all of mixcrafts default settings, which im not finding either. :?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Examine the audio clip on the Sound tab. Is it set to "Use Project Key" or "Transpose"? If it's set to Transpose, make sure it's at 0.0.

There's a file in the Acoustica Mixcraft 9 program files folder called "Reset To Factory Defaults" if you want to do that. Just run that file.

Greg
Lanny C

Post by Lanny C »

I decided to scrap the other project and start again from scratch, everything seems ok now, So im trying to forget that bizarre anomaly.
I am using Mixcraft 8 Pro studio, so probably don't have the default to factory settings option available unfortunately, which is a shame as that would be very handy to have for any future problems i can't resolve.

Thanks for you help Greg really appreciate it

Lanny C
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

MC8 does have that option, C: > Programs > Mixcraft > Program Files > Reset to Factory Defaults.

M
Lanny C

Post by Lanny C »

Oh Thats excellent handy to know.

On a separate note, I was wondering if there was any VSTs out there that enable you to achieve Natural feedback harmonics? you know the type of sustained feedback you usually get in a live environment when stood in the sweet spot on stage?
Last edited by Lanny C on Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

I've read about a plugin called Acoustic Feedback. Never tried it though.
Last edited by cactus-head on Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lanny C

Post by Lanny C »

Hey Thanks for that Cactus.. It would appear your right, its just unfortunately not a free one, so not an option for me :(