Export problem...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

pepexpress

Export problem...

Post by pepexpress »

Hello ,
I exported a track with effects, to reopen it to the project and lighten the cpu, where it had a peak of -6db after the effects chain ... also disabling all the effects of Stereo out. the fact is that when I open it again, this new track has peaks of -2db and breaks the headroom I had before ... I exported it as an individual track, also mixing the project with "solo" on the track that I wanted to export ... and the problem continues ... the two sound the same, with the same volume etc ... but I'm worried that it won't keep the same peak ...
does anyone know why

thank you so much!"
Acoustica Greg

Re: Export problem...

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you mixing down to a wav file that has the same sample rate you're using in sound device preferences?

See this post: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24566

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
pepexpress

Re: Export problem...

Post by pepexpress »

Hi Greg,

Well, yes, I export at 48,000hz and 24b, in wav, as I work in the mix ... The track sounds perfect, keeping all the effects, the same volume, automations etc ... but it only varies in the peak, losing the initial gain staging . I wanted to save cpu by freezing the tracks but lately it doesn't help me much and that's why I wanted to try mixing the tracks to get rid of plugins ...

I don't know if this problem is too important because the new track sounds good and keeps everything I want, but maybe with so many tracks like this I will lose all the headroom I gained before ...