Quantizing an Acoustic Guitar Track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Scythe

Quantizing an Acoustic Guitar Track

Post by Scythe »

I've already searched the various threads for this or a similar topic but found nothing
Basically the guitar part is plucked and each note needs to be in time which it isn't at the moment....
Instead of spending time re-recording the part using someone who can play it really well, which would cost me, I'd like to know if one can quantize it somehow?
I know Mixcraft 5 doesn't have this feature...

Does any software exist that would be compatible with MC5 which could do this? or a VST effects type thing etc...?
Any answers would be helpful
Thanks
Acoustica Greg

Re: Quantizing an Acoustic Guitar Track

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft can quantize MIDI, but not audio.

Greg
Brother Charles

Post by Brother Charles »

I'm pretty sure the that the customer already knew that Mixcraft didn't offer this kind of feature. If I'm not mistaken, I think the pointed question he asked was: Is there some other type of software that can accomplish this for him.

Yes, there is. Please look into Melodyne.

The full version of Melodyne Editor costs a whopping $400, but I bought Melodyne Essential, for only $99. You may even be able to get it for as little as $79 from AudioDeluxe.com. It has the ability to not only provide absolute state-of-the-art pitch correction, but it can quantize mono instrument tracks.

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?i ... cts_editor

Ambiguity doesn't help anyone. Reiterating already stated facts aren't useful either.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Thanks for the reply guys!

Brother Charles - even with a cursory glance, the product and website you recommended looks GREAT!
I think I will end up with the basic version like you and then look to upgrade maybe....
FANTASTIC recommendation considering I scoured google and also asked some friends who are pro. engineers who've been in the field for over 30 yrs. but with no luck.

Thank You :)
Brother Charles

Post by Brother Charles »

@Scythe:

No problem, sir. I've been doing this stuff for lots n' lots of years too. I guess I'm what you could call "semi-professional". :lol:

Melodyne has become indispensible for me.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook
Sitala

Post by Sitala »

Yes, there are indeed some great people here. It was because of these great people that I decided to buy Mix Pro 5 8)