Mixcraft 6 with BCF2000 control surface

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Federation_Jackson

Mixcraft 6 with BCF2000 control surface

Post by Federation_Jackson »

I've been waiting for Mixcraft 6 for a long time, since I knew it would support control surfaces.

However, it dosen't seem like the bcf2000 is supported, I can't seem to get it to work.

Is it possible to use it? If not, what would work for 6 as a suitable replacement?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 6 with BCF2000 control surface

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the BCF2000 uses MIDI for its controllers, it should work. How far did you get? Did you click on the Mix menu and select "Control Surfaces?" Did you try mapping some controls? What happened?

Greg
Federation_Jackson

Well, I can map things like start/stop and the like, but I can't get the faders to control Mixcraft faders, or the pan nobs to control the pan/balance on Mixcraft tracks.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but based on what I've seen so far, I couldn't control Mixcraft with a bcf2000 like I could with software like Pro Tools then, right?

I have other control control surfaces, but I was really looking forward to getting to use my bcf2000 on 6.

So far I was able to get one of the pan nobs to "work", but all it did was pan all the way to the left and I can't even pan back.

Did anyone else get this or does anyone else own a bcf2000 and was able to get it work? Let me know, this is really bothering me.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 6.0 build 180? When you click on the Mix menu and select Control Surfaces, what are you doing next?

Greg
Federation_Jackson

I click MIDI Learn and assign all the button controls (start, stop)

If I click on a nob or fader on Mixcraft and try to assign that (both master and selected track), long story short, it dosen't work.

Yes, I'm using build 180.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So the pan gets stuck and the faders just don't map at all? Have you been using your BCF2000 successfully with any other software right now?

It may just be that you have to change the mode in which your BCF2000 is operating. If it's not sending MIDI control commands, then it's not going to work. Check the documentation for the BCF2000 to see how to do that.

Greg
Federation_Jackson

It works perfectly in FL Studio and Reaper.

In other software there are presets for MIDI devices (in Reaper it's a specific preferences menu for Control Surfaces) and I use a preset for a Mackie Control Surface that the bcf2000 can emulate.

The bcf2000 then uses it's motorized faders in sync to the mixer in whatever software.