Here is a free reverb VST even better than paid ones!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

zardak

Here is a free reverb VST even better than paid ones!

Post by zardak »

I know its been around for a few years, i had investigated it about 5 years ago and made a mental-note of it but had forgotten about it "Ambience," go grab it! Unbelievable, i had recently been auditioning four $150 third party reverbs and they were all pretty good, but then i remembered Ambience, and finally got to try it, WOW! It is much better than the standard Mixcraft ones...the reverbs i was auditioning recently were "IKmultimedia Classik-Studio-Reverb" - "Redline-Reverb" - "EAReverb" and "Toraverb," but i wasn't entirely happy with any of them really, then i whacked in Ambience thinking "here we go again, more free crap!" but thought i better try it anyway just in case, and Baam we have lift off!
The guy who made Ambience deserves a medal; recently i had entertained the possibility of paying for a single Lexicon Reverb "Room Algorithm" Plugin $439, but man this Ambience has High-grade accurate dense reverb algorithms with a smooth tail, brilliant!
I have put up this post for those of you who might not have known about it, it is high-quality, and you will need it if you are serious about your music, from what i can hear it rivals Lexicon. Good luck.
Last edited by zardak on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Bliss

Re: Here is a free reverb VST even better than paid ones!

Post by Mark Bliss »

Its not exactly freeware, as the little pop up window will remind you again and again, but it is a fun effect with a very useable face.
I generally only use small amounts of reverb in the style of stuff I mix, so I dont find much benifit in the heavier settings anyway. So the fancy high end reverbs dont really seem all that attractive to me. I have some of them, dont get me wrong, but in my use you can usually only hear the difference if you toggle it off. Or the effected track is pushed so far back and down in the mix its more of an illusion. Like the name says Ambience!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
zardak

Post by zardak »

Sorry, you are not using the latest version, it is now nag-free! No prompts to pay for anything now, it is a very good reverb better than most paid ones. It has been free for a long time now; the creator of it has had a change of mind, previously it had a nag function but now it does not, the guy who made it decided recently to release it without a nag to pay anything. You may not use reverb much, but i do, and for percussion sounds i need it, and for vocals and synth leads and mega pads and all manner of sounds, so here it is and enjoy if you need a good-quality free reverb, it is nothing short of amazing and rivals the Lexicon reverb so i hope all of you will get good use out of it.
Last edited by zardak on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

mbliss, looks like you need to update your version. The latest has no "nag screen", as stated on the developer's site:

2010-07-17: Nag-free versions of Ambience are now avaialble for download without donating.

Another free reverb worth trying out is Bootsy's Epicverb (And while you're at his site, you might as well check out all of his other amazing effect plugins -- Yes, they're free!). :)

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/vst-effects/
zardak

Post by zardak »

Thanx JonInc, what a gem, these appear to be very nice plugins i have been dreaming for, i will download some and check-out their performance, i thankyou for telling us, it will make all the difference for me. Actually with all these free quality plugs, i wonder why they do it for nothing, how can we donate to these people, after-all i do have a conscience.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well I'll have to give it another look, though I find it odd that Magnus still has both a demo and full version available for download. Why? LOL!
Heres a link to his download site:
http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/
And its here too:
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Audio/Jons ... ence.shtml

Thanks!
Mark
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
zardak

Post by zardak »

JonInc i have a problem, with this EpicVerb being a RAR file i did extract it and tried to import it into Mixcraft, but Mixcraft won't import it, is there something i should know, have you managed to import it successfully? Is there a trick to this one, please tell, as i'm dying to check it out. thanx.

By the way, to return the favour to you, i can inform you of the Antress series of plugins, they are the best i have ever used regardless of price, brand, or claims, from anyone. They are my gold-gem plugs and i would be stranded without them. Maybe you already new about them, maybe not, but because the Antress team has done such a good job of each and every one of them, and clearly they are trying to bless us, then go ahead and grab them, obviously they want to share them with the world and others who can't afford expensive plugins.
Actually there have been A/B comparisons on youtube between the Antress plugins and the UAD series plugs and the Antress plugins sound every bit as good and sometimes even better, what a blessing this world of DAW's is, previously i was stuck with hardware workstations and all the inherent limitations, this new world of VST, i'm lovin it, actually i can't get enough of it, i'm like a child in a lolly shop.
Last edited by zardak on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arpeggio

Post by Arpeggio »

Hi Zardac,
How much does Antress cost and where did you get it?
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
http://soundcloud.com/arpeggio-2/
zardak

Post by zardak »

Yeah, just type in "Antress VST" into Google and there it will be at the top of the list in the search engine results, they are free! Which is a miracle for what they give you. Enjoy! :D
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

zardak wrote:JonInc i have a problem, with this EpicVerb being a RAR file i did extract it and tried to import it into Mixcraft, but Mixcraft won't import it, is there something i should know, have you managed to import it successfully? Is there a trick to this one, please tell, as i'm dying to check it out. thanx.
Did you get this working?
I still haven't got Mixcraft, but no problem here installing EpicVerb on two other DAWs.

Make sure you download the EpicVerb v1.5 file (Not the file below it, which is just presets). Extract the file (I use the excellent and free 7-zip for this). Now copy epicverb.dll into your designated Mixcraft VSTplugin folder.

If you have Mixcraft open, you may have to restart the program. Otherwise, the above procedure should work.