EZDRUMMER not working

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sunjose

EZDRUMMER not working

Post by sunjose »

Hi,

I just installed Ezdrummer lite version which I got as a compliment whe purchasing a MIDI keyboard. However there is no sound generated at all. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here. Can you please advise?
Sunil Joseph
clavguy

Re: EZDRUMMER not working

Post by clavguy »

sunjose wrote:Hi,

I just installed Ezdrummer lite version which I got as a compliment whe purchasing a MIDI keyboard. However there is no sound generated at all. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here. Can you please advise?
I'll check out my EZD setup when I get home. I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I am assuming it has a .DLL file which needs to be put in your VST folder... other than that, I need to "look" at my setup and let you know what's up.

Pierre
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you install it? Some people just copy a DLL file, and then the DLL can't find the data files with all the audio data. Copying the DLL file alone only works for some plugins. Other plugins need to be installed.

Greg
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Confirm: Make sure EZDrummer is installed and then do a search for EZDrummer.dll. Copy that to the file with your other VST/VSTI's.

EZD then appears in your list of VSTI's. Just open it and drum away! :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
sunjose

Post by sunjose »

Thanks All for your feedback. Apologies for not making this clear in my initial note. I installed Ezdrummer and the DLL file have got copied to the VST folder. I am able to see EZDRUMMER in my list of VST's. However when I drum there is no sound :)
I installed another software which they provided (Toontrack solo 32) and the drums are working in there, but not generating sound within Mixcraft. So not sure what is really happening here.
Sunil Joseph
sunjose

Post by sunjose »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Did you install it? Some people just copy a DLL file, and then the DLL can't find the data files with all the audio data. Copying the DLL file alone only works for some plugins. Other plugins need to be installed.

Greg
Hi Greg,

All the installation does is to copy the dll file into my VST folder. I realised that later when I when into my VST folder.
Sunil Joseph
teljax

Post by teljax »

Are you using an electronic drum kit hooked up with midi? Or are you dragging and dropping the drum variations onto an MC track?

My dll file is in the 3rd party folder. Is yours in that folder as well?
sunjose

Post by sunjose »

teljax wrote:Are you using an electronic drum kit hooked up with midi? Or are you dragging and dropping the drum variations onto an MC track?

Hi,

Since what I got is an EZD lite version, I have only one drum kit which is Pop/Rock. I am not dragging and dropping drum variations, but using whatever has been provided. I just installed this yesterday evening and I am yet to explore the options. The DLL is in the main VST folder along with Mixcraft VST's like Pianissimo

Thanks and Regards,
Sunil Joseph
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I don't have a copy of EZDrummer Lite here. It may be that you just need to set the audio output setting on it. Check your documentation.

Greg
sunjose

Post by sunjose »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

I don't have a copy of EZDrummer Lite here. It may be that you just need to set the audio output setting on it. Check your documentation.

Greg
Hi Greg,

I'll check that. But as mentioned earlier, it works in the Toon Track solo, but not in Mixcraft. So I don't think it is a audio output setting.
Sunil Joseph
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Check that setting.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Oh, and make sure you don't have the other program open at the same time.

Greg
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi sunjose

You won't believe this! I just opened up MC and my EZDrummer wouldn't play too :oops:

I went to preferences > sound device and checked "playback device (output)". It was not connected. I had to "open mixer" (bottom left) I use Asio4all. I could not get it to work so I rebooted my computer and hey presto! Problem solved.

Hope this works for you. :)
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

teljax wrote:Are you using an electronic drum kit hooked up with midi? Or are you dragging and dropping the drum variations onto an MC track?

Sunil is using the actual EZD virtual instrument. No external hardware.

When an instance of EZD is launched a graphic of a drum kit pops up. If you click on each of the drums and/or cymbals, you should be able to "hear" them.

That's the part that is not working of Sunil

Pierre
sunjose

Post by sunjose »

Hi All,

This is a miracle! I tried lot of options yesterday including uninstalling and installing again. None of them worked. But now when I opened Mixcraft and tried, EZD is working and I have absolutely no clue of what the problem was and how it got resolved. Thanks A Lot All who have been patient listening to the concerns I raised and helped in getting this resolved.

Thanks and Regards,
Sunil Joseph