Native Instruments

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Studio 919

Native Instruments

Post by Studio 919 »

I saw on the Native Instruments website they are having a 10th Anniversary sale.

Kontakt 5 is on sale for $199 usd.

Does anyone use Kontakt with Miscraft? If so, how well do they play together? How do the Kontakt sounds compare to the ones provided in Mixcraft?

Thanks,
No matter where you go, there you are.

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Native Instruments

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I have tested kontakt with mixcraft 6 and it worked fine. As far as usability, I don't know, it's not really type of thing.
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

Kontact is pretty much the industry standard for sampling they instrument quality is heads and shoulder above what comes with Mixcraft, not to disparage what comes bundled as I love the included sounds and they are super useable.
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey Guys,

I appreciate the response. I'm trying to justify whether or not to spend the $199.00 usd for Kontakt 5 or not. I don't mind spending the money IF it's something I will be able to learn and then use it.

Can someone give me an idea of how difficult it is to use Kontakt?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

You could try out the free player version and see if you develop the need/desire for any further expansion......
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... egory=1339
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Kontakt is a very deep and capable piece of software. I wouldn't exactly call it intuitive - in the sense that you probably won't be able to do much right out of the box.

That said, it's absolutely worth it to spend an afternoon or two learning the ins and outs. I strongly recommend the video tutorial provided by Groove3 (Beats cracking open the humongous PDF manual -lol).

The other main point is what Mattox already said: that Kontakt has become the industry standard. Bottom line, you don't buy Kontakt necessarily for its included library (although it's quite good). You get it for the other excellent third party libraries out there.

I'm going to give you just one example of why you want the full version of Kontakt. Check out this developer's (Kontakt) libraries and you'll realize what all the fuss is about. (Of course, listen to the audio demos as well):

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/

And that's just one example! Tons of other great libraries out there - and yes, many require the full version of Kontakt. If you can get it cheap now, I'd say go for it! :)