Color Scheme Gone!!! - Correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

teesimmons14k

Color Scheme Gone!!! - Correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!

Post by teesimmons14k »

Correct me if i'm wrong!!!!!

If you have Mixcraft v5 or further back... go to your preference and you will see that you have the ability to change the color scheme (not just for the audio/video tract).

I have a vision problem and having the ability to change the entire color scheme of Mixcraft was a real help... I own a radio station and do ALL of my production for Solid Gold 14k. From a :02 second voicer to a 6:00 hour program... having to look at a white backround with dark fonts is extremely hard for me to deal with. so I changed the color scheme to make it more viewable for me.

Here comes a case whereas: Newer is not better and the slogan "Software should be easy to use" is certainly NOT the case anymore... moderators please verify that I was right in having the ability to change the ENTIRE area of mixcraft... and then ask the developers WHY DID THEY ONLY MADE IT AVAILABLE TO CHANGE THE COLOR FOR ANY TRACK AND NOT FOR THE OTHER AREAS OF MIXCRAFT

Again, another company is ignoring the needs of the disabled and looking out for their own comfort... I thought the consumer was always right... seems that is not now the case... get back with me on this and then assure me that the next update will correct this matter or mishap!!!!
Good Times & GREAT Oldies, Solid Gold 14K (Music you remember AND can Sing along with (Child Friendly,/ZERO tolerance for "Drama"))

http://www.solidgold14k.com
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Re: Color Scheme Gone!!! - Correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say, Mixcraft has never had the ability to customize the color scheme beyond the default track color. No customization features have been removed from Mixcraft 6.

We've tried to create an interface that's easy to use for everybody. We're very sorry that you're having trouble using Mixcraft 6's interface, but we haven't purposefully done anything to ignore the needs of the disabled.

If you're comfortable with Mixcraft 5's interface and it does everything you need, your best bet may be to stick with version 5. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions.

Thanks,
Dan
teesimmons14k

Post by teesimmons14k »

Thanks for the reply dan.. maybe I can consider this post a suggestion to the developers then. would be easy for people of low vision to use... As a professional broadcaster of some 48 years and an avid user of Acoustica ever since its inception I love the ability and easy of its use (exception of having my nose on the monitor) I will continue to use Mixcraft to program our radio station... again thanks for your response :)

-- Tee Simmons, Production Director Solid Gold 14k --
Good Times & GREAT Oldies, Solid Gold 14K (Music you remember AND can Sing along with (Child Friendly,/ZERO tolerance for "Drama"))

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which areas of Mixcraft are you having trouble seeing? How would you improve the visibility?

Greg
teesimmons14k

Post by teesimmons14k »

Just like the new Mixcraft has it now that you can change the tract to small, normal, large... I would also create a tab for "color config" This would allow me to not only change the color tract, but would also allow me to change the entire field to any color and any text/font to any color... for example

I have a condition which is common in premies who have too much oxygen when born, my eye focus on light objects... that means my eyeball see the white backround on the page (here for example), however if I was able to change the "backround" screen to say a black or dark navy blue or even dark purple, then change the font to a light color i.e. yellow, orange, cyan, tiel, white, or any light color, my eye would and does focus on that lighted area...

the dark font on a light backround will "blur" the font no matter how large the font point but reversing the surface makes it easy for my eye to focus and easy for me to work longer periords of time on any given project...

Also, color coding or configing a project could lead to some interesting affects/accents on a project. this would be a nice enhancement to Acoustica also giving the company bosting rights about creating software for everyone a nice public relations as I see it

--Tee Simmons: (Prof. Melvin Spruill Sr Ma. Ed)
CEO Miracle Works Broadcasting
Air Talent, Solid Gold 14k
Productions Director, Solid Gold 14k
http://www.solidgold14k.com (can delete url if not allowed) :idea:

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can do some of that with the Windows display settings. Windows allows you to change font and background colors in applications. It might be tricky to get it looking right, but that's something you could try.

At any rate, thank you for your suggestion!

Greg
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

'search' brought me here.

With 3 days on a project, I would prefer to have the 'track background' with a darker color.

After a couple of hours, the white backgound sort of overpowers the overlayed tracks and is not too comfortable for tired eyes.

fiddling with the windows settings as Acoustica Greg suggests would affect the backgrounds of other programs as well ... which may not be a good idea.
Last edited by Gonzo on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That would just be one possible workaround.

Your feedback on the background color has been passed along to the software developers.

Greg
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

... 10 minutes for response !! :mrgreen:

Thanks Acoustica Greg ... the sunglasses will help until then :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You could also adjust the brightness on your monitor, I suppose.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Just some food for thought, if your eyes are fatigued, its likely that your ears are too. Take a break. I have found things sound much different when I come back 12, 24 or more hours later myself.

Another thing to keep in mind, as far as eye fatigue, it helps to regularly focus on things at various distances. Look around and rest your eyes.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

thanks for the suggests ...
btw ... i really do love the look of version 6 ! ... don't change it ... i was just referring to the white track background :wink:

Thanks again ...
Dudester55

Post by Dudester55 »

For what it's worth, I'd like to second Gonzo's suggestion on having just darker tracks. The white does get to me after an hour or two (yes my screen is set on econo mode which is the dullest resolution for my BenQ screen) Other than that I love Mixcraft6. Just my 2 CanEHdian peso's worth.
Later.