Free compressor from FXpansion on offer!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

zardak

Free compressor from FXpansion on offer!

Post by zardak »

Anyone needing a free 'quality' compressor may wish to know that FXpansion are giving away DCam at the moment, which is one component of their latest bundle on offer; it is an analog modelled compressor which apparently is also designed to be capable of being strapped over the stereo-out with good results. I must say, after several weeks of use it is the one i go to for some reason, it sounds nice and is capable of pushing high volume; i did the A/B thang with some big name compressors, and well hey, it seems there is no need to be paying for things like UAD etc because it sounds every bit as good as any other so-called big-name compressor out there.
Also if you want a range of other quality but cheap plugin compressors and EQ's, Minimalsystems has got a high-quality range on offer at very cheap prices.

This thread is for those who appreciate quality free plugins. Put it this way, i have tried quite a few free compressors which don't always sound top-notch, but between DCam, plus the Antress 'modern-compressor' and the 'Classic-compressor' included in Mixcraft, you will be pretty much sorted. Good-luck.
neilpaddock

Re: Free compressor from FXpansion on offer!

Post by neilpaddock »

Thanks for the tip!

I grabbed it. I also grabbed ClapOMatic while I was there too.

Cheers

Neil
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

When I click on the link, I get some kind of advertisement page for Bingo. Wazzat about ?
Ray
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

I must have missed out on it... plus I don't see a link... :(
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

The link is the word "free" in the Zardak's message.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

I clicked on all the words "free" in his post... NADA
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I dont know what the buzz is all about, This has been a free VST as long as I have been aware. Whatever, how many free compressors does one need?
Anyway, heres the link:

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=185

And ClapOmatic, now theres a product we need! (Insert pegged sarcasm meter here.)

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=83
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

After re-reading it, I realize that came across rather harsh. Apologies to all. I guess theres more than one "grouchy old man" around here.

I just feel it is best to discourage the "collecting" of VST's, as tempting as freebies can be. In the end, I feel having so many choices is a detraction and distraction, not an improvement or opportunity. In the end, the best ones are the ones you are comfortable using and experienced with, and most people are likely to find they use just a handful, and scrolling through a hundred choices isnt helpful.

Just one guys opinion, do what works for you!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I like to try vst's like new flavors of gum, but if they don't impress me I remove them within a couple minutes. This one didn't impress, the classic compressor works better.