Mixcraft 6 Pro Build 199 mixdown quality

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

joeboy

Mixcraft 6 Pro Build 199 mixdown quality

Post by joeboy »

Hi

Since updating to MixCraft 6 Pro build 199 I am experiencing very poor mixdown quality in MicCraft 6 Pro no matter what file type I use, I always use a higher quality setting either MP3 at Bitrate 320 kbps, Sample rate 44.1 khz or Wav at 44.1 khz 16 bit

If I load the same sound files into Mixcraft 5 & mixdown the sound quality is far superior when compared to MixCraft 6.

Previous to updating I didn't have the problem. I can't be certain if my previous build was v194 or v196, whichever it was I didn't have the mixdown issues in that previous build?

Are there still full download links available for the earlier builds of MIxcraft 6 Pro? if so, where do I go to download an earlier build? as currently I'm having to use Mixcraft 5 due to the mixdown isues with this latest build :(
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 6 Pro Build 199 mixdown quality

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As far as we know, there should be no problem with the quality of mixed down audio in build 199. We didn't change anything that would affect the quality of the mix downs. When you say that the quality is not as good, what do you mean, exactly? What are you using to play the audio files? What happens if you mix down to a 44100 Hz wave file, then load it back into Mixcraft. Does that sound bad? You can do a A / B comparison with the wave file and the actual project.

Greg
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Hi Greg

Rather than try to describe the mixdown quality I have done some quick demos this morning so you can hear for yourself.

I have used the exact same master tracks on each mixdown, volume levels on tracks were identical, no effects or sound shaping have been used whatsoever, the sound you hear is totally un-processed, the lead is exactly as it came from the guitar. The mp3s were mixed down at 320 kbps 44.1 khz, the wav at 44.1 khz 16 bit

I have used the following to compare between mixcraft versions

Mixcraft 4.5 build 118, Mixcraft 5.1 build 139, Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio build 190, Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio build 199.

As you can hear the sound quality is very similar between earlier versions of Mixcraft, yet the latest build (199) the sound quality is very poor.

Mixcraft 4.5 build 118 mp3 http://www.box.com/s/9teurnj1v8l09qllbkjk

Mixcraft 5.1 build 139 mp3 http://www.box.com/s/x46451g18n52bhaf3gvr

Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio build 190 mp3 http://www.box.com/s/kv9mvz7as9l00r4b9nrv

Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio build 190 wav http://www.box.com/s/e9nfoaxn878ubpbjccte

Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio build 199 mp3 http://www.box.com/s/4vsoh407ay39nf62dez8

Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio build 199 wav http://www.box.com/s/c5frfdm8dbfon0btm52r

I have tried un-installing build 199, the registry has been scanned & cleaned, I have downloaded the full standalone installer from your site, it has been installed/un-installed 4 times now & still it has the mixdown problem.

In answer to your questions above, I have played the sound files in Winamp Pro, Windows Media Player & VLC Media Player, the sound quality is still poor.

I have also done as you asked & loaded a wav 44,100 16 bit recording into my Mixcraft project to compare with the project files. Again with the same result, very poor sound quality.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I see what you're saying about the quality. I downloaded the one that came from build 190, loaded it into Mixcraft and mixed it down to a 320 kbps MP3 file. It sounds just fine. I don't hear the muddiness.

So the problem doesn't seem to be with build 199 in general. We need to drill down and get more specifics about the problem. Are you absolutely sure that you're using identical sound device settings in preferences?

Can you please send us your mixcraft-log.txt file? Here's a video on how to find the Mixcraft log file.

Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the mixcraft-log.txt file.

Greg
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Hi Greg

Yes, identical sound device settings. I have tried installing build 199 2 different ways, one as a complete standalone installation, the other by updating build 190 to build 199 via your update service.

The recording I posted which was mixed down in build 190, after mixing down I then updated Mixcraft 6 to build 199 by using your update service, so surely all sound device settings would remain the same if just updating this way?

I will do as you suggest & open a ticket with the info you requested.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

WOW

That seems to answer my question in the other thread... as to whether I should buy and install Izotop Alloy 2 or pay to ugrade my Mixcraft 6 to Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio and use the mixing tools in there....
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Looks like there's a problem with build 199 mixing down from files recorded at 48000 Hz. If you mix down to some other sample rate, the mixed down version does sound muddy with build 199. The work around is to mix down to 48000 Hz wave files.

If you'd prefer to go back to the previous released build: here's Mixcraft 6.0 build 196.

We will fix this in the next build, which should be out next week. Thank you for reporting this problem and for your help in tracking down the details!

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

clavguy wrote:WOW

That seems to answer my question in the other thread... as to whether I should buy and install Izotop Alloy 2 or pay to ugrade my Mixcraft 6 to Mixcraft 6 Pro Studio and use the mixing tools in there....
This problem is in both Mixcraft 6.0 build 199 and Mixcraft Pro Studio 6.0 build 199, so you're not off the hook. :wink:
Perennial Jive

Post by Perennial Jive »

Wow!,-speedy + straight up replies-you dudes are in a league of your own at acoustica!

much kudos!
joeboy

Post by joeboy »

Hi Greg

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this so quickly, I look forward to the next build :)

In the mean time I shall just mixdown at 48000 HZ
johnnyrockit

Post by johnnyrockit »

I am having a crash problem since the 199 update and can't get it resolved this really stinks when trying to mixdown to a wav it crashes
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Please submit a support ticket here http://support.acoustica.com
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This problem is fixed in Mixcraft 6.1 build 201.

Greg