A desperate plea:How do I get EWQL to work with mixcraft?!?!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

cna05

A desperate plea:How do I get EWQL to work with mixcraft?!?!

Post by cna05 »

So I am a novice orchestral student who is about to go crazy...I tried to install EWQL and put it in my VSTi files before trying it on mixcraft and nothing is working...mixcraft doesn't even recognize it's there (even after checking preferences). Am I doing anything wrong? Advice is much appreciated...I'm taking a course and will be needing to use it very soon!
Arpeggio

Re: A desperate plea:How do I get EWQL to work with mixcraft

Post by Arpeggio »

Did you install the 32 bit version of play?
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
http://soundcloud.com/arpeggio-2/
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What Arpeggio said, plus: are you looking for it in the list of VSTi Instruments?

Greg
cna05

Post by cna05 »

yes+ yes... (thanks for the replies!)...still not working though
Arpeggio

Post by Arpeggio »

Hi,
You probably did this already, but anyway. Did you select the direct folder in which the file was in? For example C:\VST\EWQl. Instead of: C:\VST Oh and are you looking for play_vst or Symphonic Orchestra
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
http://soundcloud.com/arpeggio-2/
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You don't have to select the actual folder as long as you're searching the parent folder.

But do make sure that Mixcraft knows where your VST folders are in the plug-ins preferences.

Be sure to only add actual VST folders to that list, or Mixcraft could hang on launching.

Greg
cna05

Post by cna05 »

i did all that....starting to worry:( i can't believe im getting replies so fast! thank you!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Check your VSTignore.ini file, which is in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Use Notepad to edit the VSTignore.ini file and see if EWQL is listed in there. If it is, remove it and save the file.

If that doesn't work, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
chibear

Post by chibear »

Clavguy had issues installing EWQLSO and finally got it to work like this IF you are installing to 64 bit Windows:

I found it. From clavguy's thread:

"Well... I got the scoop from EWQL on this after multiple unsuccessful attempts at installing. I needed to run the 64 bit installer... BUTTTT... select the customize install and tell it to install the 32 bit VST and NOT the 64 bit version"

I hope I remember this when I finally get my EWQL stuff :)
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
cna05

Post by cna05 »

I'll send the log...as for the 64 bit vs 32 bit...i did the same as clav but it's still not working...by the way, i'm using symphonic orchestra if that helps in any way...
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

cna05 wrote:I'll send the log...as for the 64 bit vs 32 bit...i did the same as clav but it's still not working...by the way, i'm using symphonic orchestra if that helps in any way...
Does it run standalone?
cna05

Post by cna05 »

hey clavguy, when i did the same as you, i had to manually add the standalone afterwards...nothing was working though:( The support team has been e-mailing me and they told me to install the 32 bit version instead (I'm assuming they meant the 32 bit version from the start...not from the custom seetings through the 64 bit installer..) and it's still not working...can you tell me what you did?
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

HI....

All I can tell you is rephrase what chibear said that I said
"Well... I got the scoop from EWQL on this after multiple unsuccessful attempts at installing. I needed to run the 64 bit installer... BUTTTT... select the customize install and tell it to install the 32 bit VST and NOT the 64 bit version
When I first installed EWQL Symphony Gold and Goliath, I did that on my old 32 bit computer with no issues... When I bought the new Windows 7, 64 bit computer is when I has some issues... What I said above is what they told me and that fixed it...

But, when I get home this evening from work, I will check my setup and report anything to you.

Pierre
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Hi

I didn't have much time to look in to this last night but I did notice an icon on my desktop for running Play standalone. I clicked on it and "poof" 64 bit version. So, apparently, I have both the 32 bit version used by Mixcraft and the 64 bit version for standalone installed on my computer.

I will check more tonight

Pierre
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

I had the same problem. Was trying all evening, finally I seemed to find a solution. Maybe this works for you too:

I had also installed the 64 bit Version, an icon to the player on my desktop, starting this worked.

Now, despite having the 64 bit version installed, I had to add manually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\East West\Vstplugins" as folder for the VSTi. It's the play_vst.dll" that you're searching, the path might maybe depend on your installation path.

(I was surprised, since it's the 64 bit version, but I tried before "C:\Program Files\Common Files\East West\Vstplugins" & it didn't work. So it's really "Program Files (x86)"! Confusing ... :roll: )

I don't know completely why this works and what I'm doing, but I figured it out while reading through this thread. Maybe this works for you, if you haven't found a solution yourself so far.

Cheers