Poetic Acoustic Guitars

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

Poetic Acoustic Guitars

Post by UilleannB »

Hi @ everyone.

I'm new to this board, but a search didn't came up with any results, so I thought I ask (sorry, if it's a repeat). I was wondering if somebody tried the Poetic Acoustic Guitars library from Bestservice/h.e.audio? The library includes three guitars, each having its own player, all are installed into the same folder. I tried all day, however Mixcraft 5.2 (my version) seems to recognize only PG8 (the 8 strings guitar).

I have Cubase Elements on my system too, and it recognizes all three guitars. However, since I'd rather like to use Mixcraft for several reasons, I'm trying to find a solution for this issue. Is there anyone on this board who has tried this library and found a solution maybe?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Poetic Acoustic Guitars

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Try it with mixcraft 6 and see if that helps.
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Try it with mixcraft 6 and see if that helps.
Are you serious? While I have no doubt that MC6 will be great too, I just bought MC5 and thought about at least using it a bit before I put it aside and buy another program again. Besides, as said, one of the guitars is recognized, and they use the same engine, so I don't think it's a incompatibility issue.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You may already know that it only costs $20 to upgrade to Mixcraft 6, but even if you don't want to upgrade, it would be instructive to know if the virtual instrument shows up the way you want in the newest version of Mixcraft.

You can have both Mixcraft 5 and Mixcraft 6 on your computer at the same time.

Greg
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

And you can try MC6 for free for a while before you have to register it just to see if that fixes your problem...

Cheers
Pierre
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Thanks for the replies. I downloaded and installed the MC6 version and tried it. The results were the same.

However, I noticed something, when moving files out of the folder, it seems as if Mixcraft always only recognizes one of the three guitars, and always that which comes first by alphabetic order. That's why it always recognized the 8 string guitar (PG8), but when I moved the PG8 files out of the folder, it recognized the PGL, and later the PGR the same way. I tried making a new folder for each guitar then, having Mixcraft loading VSTs from all three folder, but that didn't worked; only the alphabetic first guitar from the VST plugins folder was recognized.

I have no idea what might be the reason for this issue and who to ask for help. I will write this discovery to the creators of the PAG Library too. But as said before Cubase Elements, which I have too, recognizes all three at the same time. But also as said before, I'd rather prefer using Mixcraft over Cubase for several reasons, so I'm hoping to find a solution here.

(And finally, the money has nothing to do with my wish to upgrade; actually, I'm thinking about getting an upgrade to Studio Pro, just considering the best payment option. But as the little test showed, MC6 had the same issue with this library.)

Cheers
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Install the guitar plugins again normally, then see if they show up in Mixcraft. If they don't, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

I did.

Plus I got the full version of Pro Studio 6. Didn't solve the problem, but sure looks nice ;-)