Mixcraft 5 refuses to load further VSTis

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Soulfire

Mixcraft 5 refuses to load further VSTis

Post by Soulfire »

Hi all,

I've been running Mixcraft 5 for a while as a live performance soft-synth host. It works great as I can easily split/layer any sounds I have across the keybed and switch between huge combis by using the track up/track down functions.

Recently I've come across a problem that I can't solve. In one song I have, I have a lot of very high-RAM-using plugins loaded (all across various tracks). There's one track where I'm trying to load the VST plugin Voyager http://www.kvraudio.com/product/voyager ... u_software, alongside SampleTrigger http://www.kvraudio.com/product/sampletrigger_by_wok

I just can't get Voyager to load. When I click on it from the "select synth" list, it selects, but doesn't open. It just sits there saying "Voyager" in the list, with the checkbox refusing to tick, and I can't change presets or open the edit window. The same goes for a couple of other select plugins (a few of the free DSK ones), in this project where I get the same problem. Other plugins work fine. I can open Voyager fine in other projects, but not in this one.

Now I *suspect* that it's not loading because my RAM simply can't load it in, but I'm not 100% sure. Can anyone confirm that for me? Because I don't want to fork out the money for additional RAM to find it doesn't solve my problem. I checked my memory usage at the time the problem was occuring; Mixcraft was using about 800mb of RAM. I have 4gb in my machine so REALLY it shouldn't be a problem. The remaining processes running can't possibly be using 3GB surely. Or can they? :/ Someone please help. Is this my RAM, or is there something else funky going on here?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Soulfire
ChubbyJerk

Re: Mixcraft 5 refuses to load further VSTis

Post by ChubbyJerk »

It's easy to see what your total memory usage is. Open task manager and go to the performance tab. (It may be slightly different between OSs, but it's there somewhere.)

While this instance loaded with vsts is running, can you open a 2nd Mixcraft instance and load Voyager?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's probably not a RAM problem. Are you using Mixcraft 5.2 build 152? If not, get the latest build of Mixcraft 5.

Have you tried it in Mixcraft 6? You could give that a try.

Greg
Soulfire

Post by Soulfire »

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

ChubbyJerk: I tried what you said. With the huge project open, I can open a separate instance of Mixcraft and Voyager loads no trouble at all.

AcousticaGreg: This means you're right, it's not a RAM problem. I am using build 152 so I'm going to assume it's just a glitch which is hopefully resolved in Mixcraft 6, which I have been intending on buying for a while. Thank you for your help gentleman.

Regards,

Soulfire