Virtual Instrment tracks lose setting and do not play back

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

outteh

Virtual Instrment tracks lose setting and do not play back

Post by outteh »

I load up several midi tracks and when I record an audio track the midi tracks lose their virtual instrument settings and I get no sound. The recorded track plays back fine. I go to each midi track and reset the virtual instrument (select a new one and set it back to the old one) and the sound plays fine. I record another audio track and the virtual instrment tracks lose sound again. b First itme this has happened and I have not had any pacthes or updates lately that might have caused this problem. I have Mixcraft pro version 6 (latest build).
Acoustica Greg

Re: Virtual Instrment tracks lose setting and do not play ba

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are these MIDI files that were not created in Mixcraft? They may have some MIDI commands embedded in them like program change or bank select. Check out this FAQ entry: My instrument settings change when I play my MIDI song in Mixcraft!

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

I checked and did not see any notations for program or bank changes, however, I did turn all controllers off and I will give it a try.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Right, it might have been something other controller. Just delete the commands from the ones that are in bold (except for Velocity).

Greg