M3 beta test 2

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

EL34

M3 beta test 2

Post by EL34 »

I set up a page with screen shots instead of trying to do these long winded explanations that no one reads. :D

Mixcraft beta 3 test page

Mixcraft 3 Beta test page link
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We weren't planning to add the "ask to save recordings" option; it's one less annoying pop-up.. The tracks will be saved if you leave them in the project and deleted if you remove them from the project (when you save or load a new project).

Your request for exact pan and volume values has been noted, and it's in the developer's hands.

The volume slider changes when you arm a track because one is track volume and the other (armed) is recording volume.

See the other thread for my responses on other line items.

You really need to send this stuff to the beta team instead of posting it here. It's a more direct route for your feedback and it will be read and responded to.

Greg

P.S. You, of all people, should know that we pay attention to customer feedback.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

I thought the beta guys wanted bug reports. Didn't want to bug them with something unless it was a bug.

I ask here first in case it's something I have missed in the program. Besides, I doubt I will get replies or answers to questions from them on questions. For example, the armed question, you answered it for me, no need to bug the programmers.

I'll send them the link to my M3 page if you say so.
We weren't planning to add the "ask to save recordings" option; it's one less annoying pop-up.. The tracks will be saved if you leave them in the project and deleted if you remove them from the project (when you save or load a new project).
It's not a pop up, you set it one time and you are done.

I don't understand this, the screen shot I showed you was from a project 3 days ago that I opened today.
Only 3 of those files are actually being used on the project.

How are they being deleted and when?
Why were they saved in the first place, I stopped the takes/recording and started a new one???
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I already sent them the link, of course. For future feedback, you can bypass the middle man. Even if you are reporting stuff that is due to the lack of a help file, it helps them to see how the program is being perceived by first time users. If enough people are baffled by the same thing, it might need tweaking.

I'm told that recordings you've removed from the project will be deleted when you save and/or open a new project. Is that not the way it's working for you? Maybe a bug report is in order.

Why not save them as you go? If you didn't, you'd have to write temp files to wav files every time you saved.

Greg
EL34

Post by EL34 »

I don't think you understand, let me explain.

I am talking about stopping a recording take during recording for whatever reason, a mistake, bad sound, clipping, etc.

Mixcraft 2 ask if you want to save the wav file or not. The answer is no, this is a bad take, I don't want to save this file.

Mixcraft 3 does not ask, it just saves the stopped recording.
Now you end up with a bunch of wav files in your project folder that were never meant to be used and there was no reason to save them to disk.

Understand?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, I see, with Mixcraft 2 you are doing takes with the guitar and you can choose to dump them as you go.

Here's what you can do with Mixcraft 3: just undo the take. Press Ctrl-Z or click on the blue Undo arrow icon on the toolbar.

Greg
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Oh, ok, thanks Greag, I'll give it a go.

I know this is a pain, but without a help file. :wink:

I am one of those guys that actually reads help files.
Dan contacted me about the sound file issue.
Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

I was thinking you could just hit the Delete key, but it doesn't work like that (you'd have to click to select the sound first), so I submitted a feature request to have the last recorded sound be selected.