Outside effect with Mixcraft 6

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

viper-2

Outside effect with Mixcraft 6

Post by viper-2 »

I have a Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb effects processor. Can someone walk me through how to be able to have this work with Mixcraft 6 or maybe a tutorial somewhere? I have plugged into USB, installed drivers and found the VST file with MX200.dll.

Also, it seems Audacity and Wavosaur only will work with Mixcraft if MC6 is shut down. Hmmm...is that right? If I try when it is opens I have an output error on both programs.
Raidx

Re: Outside effect with Mixcraft 6

Post by Raidx »

i dont have problem with audacity running at the same time as Mixcraft

i dont use the otherone tho

you might be in WaveRT exclusive mode which shutdown sound for other applications tho (i use ASIO)

check your mixcraft preferences
Glergo

Post by Glergo »

Do you mean you have the hardware or software? I have the MX400 from Lexicon, but I only use it for when i play live..
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

That answers one question. I do have it in Wavrt exclusive mode.

On the Lexicon...I mean software and Hardware as the unit is connected via USB.
Glergo

Post by Glergo »

After you've installed their VST library, aren't you able to use it like any other effect? Try looking in the effects list..
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

Glergo wrote:After you've installed their VST library, aren't you able to use it like any other effect? Try looking in the effects list..
yup, I see it there but when I try to use it it shuts the sound off to that track and then proceeds to crash Mix craft.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 6.1 build 204? The next time it happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 6.1 build 204? The next time it happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
I just downloaded the latest version of Mixcraft 6 home studio pro as I upgraded Sunday. I need to take a look at the version tomorrow.

I will send you the log file Greg thank you.
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

Greg
Yes it is version 6.1 build 204.

I will send over the logs...

Greg can you help me with the Lexicon issue? When I choose MX200 in the effects and I click "edit" this error comes up on the lexicon software panel:

"No available device was found. Please remove this plugin instance, and try again when a device is available. IMPORTANT: Some host applications may open your devices MIDI ports by default, preventing the plugin from connecting."
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft is one of those host applications that automatically open all MIDI ports. This makes it easy for people who want to just plug in their MIDI controller keyboards and go, but it's also causing the error you're seeing with the MX200.

I've logged an official feature request to add an option to not open certain MIDI ports. However, this feature would likely show up in Mixcraft 7, which is a year or more away at this point.

For product update news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg
viper-2

Post by viper-2 »

Mixcraft is one of those host applications that automatically open all MIDI ports. This makes it easy for people who want to just plug in their MIDI controller keyboards and go, but it's also causing the error you're seeing with the MX200.

I've logged an official feature request to add an option to not open certain MIDI ports. However, this feature would likely show up in Mixcraft 7, which is a year or more away at this point.

For product update news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg

Okay, so it is Mix craft and not Lexicon. I feel better knowing. Thank you, looking forward to Mixcraft 7!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Arturia Spark can produce a similar error message, but it has some options you can select to get around the problem. I couldn't find anything similar to that for the MX200.

Greg