Playback sound breaking up.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Funkybass99

Playback sound breaking up.

Post by Funkybass99 »

Hi, I'm using Mixcraft 6 for the first time since upgrading to Windows 8 with a clean install from scratch. I'm using a Focusrite Saffire Pro DSP. I have the latest Mix Control installed for my interface. Everything seems fine and stable, but when I try to play any sound in Mixcraft, it breaks up as though it is clipping when it isn't.

Any idea what's causing this? Thanks.
Glergo

Re: Playback sound breaking up.

Post by Glergo »

Try to increase your audio buffer size in the control panel for your soundcard :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you've got Mixcraft 6.1 build 204.

You should be using ASIO in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences. Make sure you've got the latest audio drivers from Focusrite.

Greg
Funkybass99

Post by Funkybass99 »

Thanks, but I have Mixcraft 6.1 build 204 and the latest drivers for my interface. I have tried increasing the buffer size and it doesn't help. What's tending to happen is that when I click to stop a demo track from playing, it doesn't stop either, just keeps stuttering and crackling.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Get the problem to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg