Podcasts

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Glergo

Podcasts

Post by Glergo »

Hello,

Some friends and I are starting a podcast for a website we're running. We had out first successful podcast this Saturday and we recorded it with Mixcraft. However, I want higher quality and would like to edit all separate voices with EQ, compression and a multiband compression on the project to create the finishing touch.

I personally have no idea on how to really have a podcast, so we just used Skype for our very first one and recorded everything in one single WAV file. We are like 7 people together in a Skype call and I would like to separate us all on different tracks in Mixcraft. I understand that this is not possible with our current method, but is there any podcasting software that I can use for achieve this?

Something like:
Clients -> Podcast server -> separate track into mixcraft.

This is how I suppose it's done, but I can't seem to find enough information about this.

Thanks in advance!
Glenn.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Podcasts

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I assume the other participants are not there in the room with you? Because if they were, you could record them on multiple tracks with a multi-track audio interface.

I don't know if there is a service like the one you describe. Streaming seven separate audio streams at once could certainly tax your online bandwidth.

Maybe each person could record himself or herself and then send you the audio files?

Greg