Mixcraft Tutorial Videos

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Studio 919

Mixcraft Tutorial Videos

Post by Studio 919 »

First, let me say that I have only been using MC6 Pro Studio for about a month. Also, thanks for the tutorial videos in the Mixcraft University. They are a big help to me since I am just starting. I have a couple ideas for additional videos.

1. File organization and management. I would like a video showing and explaning the subject of file management. Let's say that I want to create a new song called "My First Song". When I create the new project what files are created. Then, as I record vsti's, guitar, vocals, etc., what additional files are created. And, most importantly, where is the best place for them to be located.

2. Mixing Down. Once I have a song recorded, edited, and mixed, how do I mixdown to a MP3. Also, how do I burn to a CD. I would like to see what files are created and the best place for them to be stored.

Maybe these already exist somewhere, but I haven't found them.

Thanks in advance for responses.
No matter where you go, there you are.

TrevsAudio

Re: Mixcraft Tutorial Videos

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi!

Have a look at the first item in this forum http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=10807 and scroll to Mixcraft 5 videos.

There's a whole "start to finish" series there - everything also applies to Mixcraft 6.

Hope this helps!
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Ausus Razen 5 12 core 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey Trevlyns,

Thanks for the quick response. And, thanks for the MC5 reference - I'll certainly take a look at them.

rbeach

Post by rbeach »

I would also like a tutorial on File organization and management. Something in depth for an old dog like me that still has a DOS file structure stuck in his brain. I am now on Win7 and I am confused. More than anything I am afraid of losing stuff.
Mx7 Pro, Core i7, 8gig ram, Win7/64 OS, PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL interface
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

That's what I'm talking about rbeach. At 61 years old, I don't want to rock along thinking everything is ok only to find out I should have set something up differently.

ScottBari

Post by ScottBari »

I'm just a kid of 60 but file management would be a good tutorial to see.

Scott
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 6? Mixcraft 6 creates a new folder for each project and puts the files you record in that folder. You can see this folder on the Project tab in Mixcraft. Virtual instrument tracks are stored in the Mixcraft project file itself. So, you'd have a project file (.mx6), and any audio recordings you made (.wav or .ogg). The files will have a generic name like "Audio Track1.wav" unless you take the time before you record to double-click on the words "Audio Track" and change them to something more specific to what you're recording.

Greg
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Acoustica Greg,

Thanks for the information. That's helpful. Is there a "best place" for MP3's to be filed?

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Maybe somewhere in your Documents folder? Just don't put them inside any Windows system folders or your Program Files folder (including Mixcraft's program file folder). Why? Because if you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8, you might have a hard time finding them later thanks to a Windows security feature.

Greg