Vocal Harmony

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ianpb

Re: Vocal Harmony

Post by Ianpb »

Bear in mind that for adjustments of less than a semitone, the number has to be entered manually.
FancyGoose

Post by FancyGoose »

Just chipping in to say that I also enjoy my TC-Helicon Harmony G-XT to produce harmonies. Intented for guitar/acoustic guitar mostly, but you can force it to generate harmonies within a specific key, without a guitar needing to produce chords.

Pretty neat stuff. It's not perfect like most said, but it's pretty fun.
FancyGoose

Hobbyist here using Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio with an Arturia Keylab 61 Essential MIDI controller and a Zoom Livetrak L-12 mixer (also the USB interface). I also enjoy EZ Drummer 2 and Amplitube 4.
SteveCS

Post by SteveCS »

warhenk@yahoo.com wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:16 am Thank you Tom, I will! You know what it was- the darn double arrows at bottom to open the sound tab to its full display! That's why I didn't see anything.
Melodyne is by far the better option here. Duplicate the main vocal track then run up Melodyne. Each blob can be dragged to whatever pitch you like, so you can create true counterpoint or complex 4-part SATB if you wish. With the pitch shift option you are always a fixed interval above or below the original. Parallel 5ths and octaves get pretty dull very quickly!