Mixdown with EastWest Symphonic Orchestra

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

packhorse

Mixdown with EastWest Symphonic Orchestra

Post by packhorse »

Hi,

I have created a short composition in Symphonic Orchestra.

However, when I mix down to MP3 or Wav, some notes "disappear" however, they sound fine whilst in MC6.

I have the latest update. I have also tried different settings inside the MP3 and Wav Edit details.

Any ideas?

Glynn
chibear

Re: Mixdown with EastWest Symphonic Orchestra

Post by chibear »

Hi,

I'm waiting for my EWQL stuff to arrive, but something I picked up from their forums: Try bouncing each track to Wave and then do your final mixdown from there. From what I can remember, streaming and processing all the samples at once causes the problem.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
packhorse

Post by packhorse »

chibear wrote:Hi,

I'm waiting for my EWQL stuff to arrive, but something I picked up from their forums: Try bouncing each track to Wave and then do your final mixdown from there. From what I can remember, streaming and processing all the samples at once causes the problem.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Could you explain how I bounce each track to Wave and how to mixdown after. Sorry if I am not quite up to speed. I have about 13 tracks in the composition.
Thanks
Glynn
chibear

Post by chibear »

Right click on the track header and choose 'Mix Down to New Audio Track' This will produce your bounce track and mute the original. After all the tracks are done, then you mix down as normal. The pros on that forum use this technique quite often to make sure each track is artifact (pop & click) free.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
packhorse

Post by packhorse »

Hi,

I have tried the individual track bounce down, however, the problem remains. Certain notes are dropping out in the mixdown, but play perfectly in MC6.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Glynn
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft 6.1 build 209?

Try mixing down to a wav file with a sample rate of 44100 Hz.

Greg

packhorse

Post by packhorse »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Greg

Thanks Greg,

I will try both ideas and let you know.
chibear

Post by chibear »

A couple of other things popped into my mind: Are you working off single or multiple drives? To stream samples for 13 tracks (some EWQLSO articulations layer samples so are streaming more than one) plus trying to write your mixdown to a single drive might be overloading it. However, Arpeggio ran 40 tracks on his latest EWQLSO project which sounded great to me. You might want to PM him on the EWQL forums to see if he has any ideas. I don't know how closely he follows these forums.

Mixcraft is not officially supported by EWQL (while Garage Band is. Go figure) so be prepared for some snootiness and suggestions that maybe you should get a 'real' DAW in response to your post there :roll:
Soundcloud YouTube
Arpeggio

Post by Arpeggio »

chibear wrote:Arpeggio ran 40 tracks on his latest EWQLSO project which sounded great to me. You might want to PM him on the EWQL forums to see if he has any ideas. I don't know how closely he follows these forums.
I'm still here. One thought that might work (might). First: Load the project. Then open up another Mixcraft again. Click record on an audio track. Select Stereo Mix as recording device. Click record. Play your project. Stop recording and mixdown the recorded file. Hope this helps.
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
http://soundcloud.com/arpeggio-2/
packhorse

Post by packhorse »

packhorse wrote:
Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Greg

Thanks Greg,

I will try both ideas and let you know.
Hi Greg,

Done this, but no improvement, unfortunately.

Glynn
packhorse

Post by packhorse »

Arpeggio wrote:
chibear wrote:Arpeggio ran 40 tracks on his latest EWQLSO project which sounded great to me. You might want to PM him on the EWQL forums to see if he has any ideas. I don't know how closely he follows these forums.
I'm still here. One thought that might work (might). First: Load the project. Then open up another Mixcraft again. Click record on an audio track. Select Stereo Mix as recording device. Click record. Play your project. Stop recording and mixdown the recorded file. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try this over the weekend.

I am getting a little desperate now. The piece I have written is for my first grandchild of two weeks. I really want to get it mixed down to SoundCloud.

Glynn
SoundSquire

Post by SoundSquire »

Please share the link when you get it uploaded. Would love to hear it. :)
All the best,
Sam

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube
packhorse

Post by packhorse »

Hi,

Well I did find a solution to this problem.

I saved my project as a midi file. I then copied this into a trial version of Reaper. When I mixed down in Reaper, there were no missing notes.

How that can be, I am not sure. I do not want to use Reaper as it is too complicated for me, however, I do not want to go through the same exercise for each project.

Reaper mixed down to a Wav file and it also uses the Lame encoder. Perhaps there is a more up-to-date version of Lame?

Any ideas or views gratefully received.

This was my recording:

http://soundcloud.com/glynnh/the-gift-o ... -lily-rose
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Just wanted to say, great composition! And a lovely little lady too - congrats gramps! :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
SoundSquire

Post by SoundSquire »

Glynn - The Gift of Life is very nice! Uplifting and inspiring. Congrats on the new grandchild. :D

Like your electronic stuff too. :mrgreen:
All the best,
Sam

SoundCloud
Mixcraft Live
YouTube