Can Mixcraft 6 split a piano grand staff track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dathyr1

Can Mixcraft 6 split a piano grand staff track

Post by dathyr1 »

Hello,

I have used the Autoscore program to scan/convert some classical guitar sheet music to midi and result in mixcraft 6 looks exactly like a piano grand staff(treble and bass as one track) when played.

For the people who dont know what the Autoscore program is, it scans any sheet music and allows me to prepare it either for a notation program or change it to MIDI. Note: It is a very tedious program and makes allot of note mistakes, but at least it does 95% accuracy grunt note entry work of any song. I had this program a long time ago and now have a newer version that works on Windows 7. There is a learning curve to know how to correct the mistakes.

Also Note: Bear in mind this is for my own personal use and enjoyment to quickly learn and play to songs, I know about copyrights and these are not going to be used for anything else.

My only question is can I take this or any grand staff track and split it in Mixcraft 6? I have looked at all the options and dont readily see a way to divide a track at a split note to make a separate treble and bass tracks.

If not, i will have to use one of my notation programs. Just trying to use minimal amount of program resources to do a simple note split (not sure if you would call it simple <g>).

Thanks for any info and take care,

DaveT :)
fredfish

Re: Can Mixcraft 6 split a piano grand staff track

Post by fredfish »

This is a tutorial about how to split a single track midi file into the left and right hand parts to make it suitable for a piano tuition / game program called Synthesia (which is excellent IMHO and well worth a look - there is a free version).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8br-f1seEwI

Although this is for Synthesia I think it is essentially doing what you want to do.

BTW you can download Synthesia from - http://www.synthesiagame.com/
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hi Fredfish,

Thank you for your info and I already do have Synthesia an a few notation programs that can do this feature. I dont know yet, but maybe my autoscore program maybe able to do this split, not sure.

In my original post, I was wondering if Mixcraft has an option to do the same thing?
Was just trying to do everything within one program.

From your answer, sounds like Mixcraft doesnt have this feature.

take care,

DaveT
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Hi Dave

I am no Mixcraft MIDI expert by any means. It may well be possible within Mixcraft. I didn't fully get your original post and assumed that you were looking for any way to do it, which is why I posted my suggestion. As I said it may well be possible within Mixcraft - I am sure that someone more knowledgeable than me will chip in.

Cheers
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

In Mixcraft, there is no way to automatically split or extract separate tracks or clips by pitch.

You would have to do it manually. A simple way is to duplicate the track, then delete left hand notes from one track and right hand notes from the other.
*Vibrant Audio*
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Thanks Guys.

Fredfish, thanks for mentioning Synthesia. I forgot all about that one doing splits.

I know I could do it manually also, but it is a large piece of music. Thought I would have some software do the major grunt work. <g> i know some note splits dont quite get it the way it should look note treble bass wise, but it is a starting point.

Back to my music.

take care guys,

DaveT :)
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Sonar does exactly what you want. I asked about this a long time ago.. I am hoping it comes in Mixcraft 7