Some help about copyright.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ianpb

Re: Some help about copyright.

Post by Ianpb »

The moral of LlyncEwrom's post is: always keep a backup copy of the final project files on a separate, secure hard drive.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Rod VM,

Another piece of useful advice I forgot to mention: NEVER consume cold drinks during a singing session. The coldness causes the vocal chords to contract. If you must have water, make sure it's at least a little warmed up, maybe even with a bit of honey mixed in to thicken it up. I tend to find though that my singing can be clearer when my throat is a bit dry.

Another useful exercise to give the voice more depth is to look downwards, make the lowest note you can (it doesn't have to be loud) and steadily raise your face upwards while still holding that note steady. This has the effect of stretching your vocal chords.
Rod VM

Post by Rod VM »

Ian, thank you very much for the advise, I'll take it....and put a couple of songs (instrumental both) on Souncloud.....
Hope read you soon....
Rod VM
W-7 Ultimate 64 bit AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core processor 32 GB RAM
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990 FX

SSD 480 GB Western Digital 500 MB 7200 USB 1 TB Verbatim.

M-Audio 2496 Sound card
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Ianpb wrote:Rod VM,

Another piece of useful advice I forgot to mention: NEVER consume cold drinks during a singing session. The coldness causes the vocal chords to contract. If you must have water, make sure it's at least a little warmed up, maybe even with a bit of honey mixed in to thicken it up. I tend to find though that my singing can be clearer when my throat is a bit dry.

Another useful exercise to give the voice more depth is to look downwards, make the lowest note you can (it doesn't have to be loud) and steadily raise your face upwards while still holding that note steady. This has the effect of stretching your vocal chords.
actually holding your head up is easier on your throat when singing. mics in the studio are always a bit higher than mouth level & just watch Lemmy onstage-even though his voice is trashed.

you should also be singing from the diaphram & not the throat.
warming up is crucial,and above all-no alcohol.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

gypsy101 wrote:and above all-no alcohol.
Oh no! :mrgreen:

Ah well, back to instrumentals again :lol:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

gypsy101 wrote:you should also be singing from the diaphram & not the throat.
warming up is crucial,and above all-no alcohol.
True. Some of these things become so second nature that you forget to mention them.

It had been a while since I'd been singing regularly and I found my voice had withered, and being very self-critical, I wouldn't accept it. After plenty of vocal exercises it eventually returned. All that's needed to achieve a decent vocal performance is practice, breathing, scales and repetition. If you know your vocals are not going well on a song just make yourself keep doing them over and over again till you're bored silly. Go away a while and then come back and keep at it again, remembering to use your diaphragm to provide the energy, and not your throat. This is what I did day after day after day on a song that needed some power in the vocals. Now my vocal range is back to where it once was and I can usually do acceptably good performances for recording within three takes.

You might find too that double tracking or using an automatic double tracking plug-in will make up some for a less-than-ideal performance, and even make a good performance sound better still.