Vocaloid 3 Avanna/Tiny Vocaloid 3 Editor

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

Vocaloid 3 Avanna/Tiny Vocaloid 3 Editor

Post by UilleannB »

Just wondering if somebody used this VST successfully with Mixcraft.
I just bought it, but Mixcraft (6 Pro) doesn't recognize it.
In case someone else tried this and found a way already it would nice to give me a hint.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Vocaloid 3 Avanna/Tiny Vocaloid 3 Editor

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure that you've installed the 32-bit version of the plugin (if there is also a 64-bit version). Mixcraft can only recognize 32-bit plugins unless you are using something like jbridge.

If that's not the problem, into which folder did you install the plugin? Is it a folder that Mixcraft is looking in for plugins? Check your Plugin-Ins preferences.

If all else fails, send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

I still have to get used to this, but albeit called a "VST" it seems to me, that this program isn't actually designed to work as a plugin at all, but as a stand alone, and you have to import the results as wav or mp3 into other programs. Uhmmm, new concept ...

Thanks anyway!
chibear

Post by chibear »

this program isn't actually designed to work as a plugin at all, but as a stand alone, and you have to import the results as wav or mp3 into other programs. Uhmmm, new concept ...
It's been very hard to get ANY information on this VST(?). So if I read you right, you lay down the vocal track in Vocaloid, then export a wave file which you import into Mixcraft, kind of like Beatcraft for a voice?
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

chibear wrote:It's been very hard to get ANY information on this VST(?). So if I read you right, you lay down the vocal track in Vocaloid, then export a wave file which you import into Mixcraft, kind of like Beatcraft for a voice?
Yes, seems like it isn't very common. Apparently it's a hit in Japan (you can choose Chinese, Korean, Japanese and English as the program language), but it's not really a music program or an actual plugin. Bestservice had it in their catalogue, but it was misleading, since it is called a VST plugin, which it isn't.
It's a vocal synthesizer - you can type words and notes and a female voice sings your lyrics in the key and tempo you decide.
Seems like you can import a mp3 or wav track (maybe if you wrote a song in mixcraft), then you can create the vocal track in vocaloid and export it, and re-import into mixcraft. I'm not yet certain about all the features and how it works; it's not very user friendly, but it produces nice results, judged by the examples from the web.
Wilby

Post by Wilby »

Almost 7 years after this thread was created, I just discovered Vocaloid and got the Avanna voice with the free Tiny Vocaloid 3 Editor. Was also wondering how it can work with Mixcraft. Recently, I've only tried importing a WAV file generated from that software and it seems to work. But the "waves" displayed for the audio file is kinda small to the point that it's almost invisible. :(
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

I've also used Emvoice. Sounds robotic to me, but still nice for backup vocals.
Wilby

Post by Wilby »

jwarv wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:21 am I've also used Emvoice. Sounds robotic to me, but still nice for backup vocals.
Oh, that's another option for voice synthesizers. They're more expensive than Vocaloid though... and I think you need to be actively connected to the Internet to use the software? But wow, Lucy's voice sounded more realistic than those English voices bundled with Vocaloid 5 Standard!

A few hours ago, I discovered two more voice synthesizer software I've listed below that I am guessing are more accessible to English-only speakers plus has lesser cost to own/use compared to Vocaloid.

- Synthesizer V Studio
- DeepVocal

Synthesizer V Studio has a FREE Basic Edition and customers just need to pay for the Voice Banks they want to fully use. Some of the pages in their websites are in Japanese language. This software only has 1 English female voice bank (demo) that I've found so far and the rest are in Japanese. But the English voice sounded decent.

DeepVocal, in Beta version, is also currently FREE and has a tool which can be used to create our own Voice Banks. I think the software is made by a Chinese company as some characters are in Chinese? I've watched some Youtube videos on user created voice banks. They're passable but they sounded more artificial compared to Vocaloid, Synth V Studio, and Emvoice.

NOTE: I am still new to all of these and haven't managed to use them yet. I've only tried Tiny Vocaloid 3 Editor so far for a short time and still looking for more information. Thanks for sharing about Emvoice! :-)
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Wilby,

I was curious about what you experienced with Avanna. I got Vocaloid 5 recently and have not played with it yet but I did have a go with the Vocaloid 3 editor. I created a simple ooo ooo ooo then exported the file from Vocaloid as a wav file. I imported the file into MX9 and then selected the ooh bit from the wav and copied selection to track.

The sound came out at the same volume as in the editor.
ooh.png
ooh.png (54.38 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Wilby wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:40 pm
jwarv wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:21 am I've also used Emvoice. Sounds robotic to me, but still nice for backup vocals.
Oh, that's another option for voice synthesizers. They're more expensive than Vocaloid though... and I think you need to be actively connected to the Internet to use the software? But wow, Lucy's voice sounded more realistic than those English voices bundled with Vocaloid 5 Standard!
I'll let you in on a little hack.

The free demo for Emvoice gives you a limited range for Lucy and now the male counterpart, Jay. So, what I did was type the words closest to the note I wanted her to sing. This sounds bad at first, but once you get over that initial hump it's second nature. Then, I mixed her to audio. Then I popped her into Melodyne and moved her wrong notes to where I wanted them. And you can do lots more in Melodyne. Worked like a charm.

I figured since she sounds fairly artificial anyway, Melodyne could do no worse to her.
Wilby

Post by Wilby »

RaveyDavey wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:11 pm Wilby,

I was curious about what you experienced with Avanna. I got Vocaloid 5 recently and have not played with it yet but I did have a go with the Vocaloid 3 editor. I created a simple ooo ooo ooo then exported the file from Vocaloid as a wav file. I imported the file into MX9 and then selected the ooh bit from the wav and copied selection to track.

The sound came out at the same volume as in the editor.

ooh.png
hmm... I tried following what you did and created the default "ooo ooo ooo". It seems to work with that. The first try I did was to import something with custom words/lyrics to a short song. Here's the screenshot of my first WAV import.

Imported with custom lyrics:

Imported the default "ooo ooo ooo":

I didn't adjust the "voice lines" in the Tiny Vocaloid Editor and just used the Pencil tool to add custom words in my first try. In my 2nd try, I just used the Pencil for the "ooo ooo ooo" then directly exported to WAV and imported it in MixCraft. The volume seems just the same though when I listen to both imported WAVs in MixCraft. I'm still using an older version of Mixcraft (vers. 8.1), by the way. Anyhow, this is just a minor issue and maybe the problem is just me being not too familiar with the software. haha Thanks for testing this out. :)
Wilby

Post by Wilby »

jwarv wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:22 am
Wilby wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:40 pm
I'll let you in on a little hack.

The free demo for Emvoice gives you a limited range for Lucy and now the male counterpart, Jay. So, what I did was type the words closest to the note I wanted her to sing. This sounds bad at first, but once you get over that initial hump it's second nature. Then, I mixed her to audio. Then I popped her into Melodyne and moved her wrong notes to where I wanted them. And you can do lots more in Melodyne. Worked like a charm.

I figured since she sounds fairly artificial anyway, Melodyne could do no worse to her.
That is quite clever of you! :D But I hope there are really more natural sounding voices out there. I found some old Vocaloid voices that sounded decent... but it's sad some voices are incompatible with newer version of the software. :(