Mixcraft 6 won´t mix down!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

M@rkus

Mixcraft 6 won´t mix down!

Post by M@rkus »

Best forum members!

This is my first post, since I´ve only used Mixcraft for a few weeks.

I have run in to some problems regarding mixdown. Up until a few days ago I had no problems with mixing my songs to wav (or anything else). But, now Mixcraft refuses to mix down my latest song to wav., mp 3 or anything else. The message I get is as follows; "Cannot render external MIDI synthesizers".

I have used a keyboard to play the internal sounds on Mixcraft, just as I´ve done many times before (without mix down problems). But this time it tells me to re-record the midi tracks and to erase the current ones! But whats the point in being able to use MIDI-keyboards with Mixcraft, if you can´t mix down?

Now, there´s another problem. At aproximatly the same time as my mix down problems started, Mixcraft refused to shut down. I have to do a ctrl+alt+del everytime.

Are these two problems linked to eachother? Should I uninstall mixcraft and install it again?

I´m using a four year old laptop (pc) with quite a lot of programs on it, I´m trying to get another computor just for the use of Mixcraft.

Has anyone here had the same problem?

Best regards!
Markus/
Sweden
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
Vibrant Audio

Re: Mixcraft 6 won´t mix down!

Post by Vibrant Audio »

It sounds like you have must have a virtual instrument track set to send the midi to your external keyboard. So the sound from that track is playing on your external keyboard rather than inside Mixcraft. Is that right?

The only way for Mixcraft to get the actual sound for mixdown is for you to either record the audio from that keyboard into an audio track, or switch that track to use an internal vsti.
*Vibrant Audio*
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Vibrant Audio wrote:It sounds like you have must have a virtual instrument track set to send the midi to your external keyboard. So the sound from that track is playing on your external keyboard rather than inside Mixcraft. Is that right?

The only way for Mixcraft to get the actual sound for mixdown is for you to either record the audio from that keyboard into an audio track, or switch that track to use an internal vsti.

Thank you for your reply! How do I check if I got a MIDI track set to "send"?

Regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

This was just a guess as to the cause of your issue. Does your keyboard have speakers or a headphone output? Does the sound play out of those keyboard speakers/headphone output when you play the song in Mixcraft?

Anyway, here's a screen shot for checking if a track is set to external instruments:
ExternalMIDI.png
ExternalMIDI.png (79.59 KiB) Viewed 8128 times
*Vibrant Audio*
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Vibrant Audio wrote:This was just a guess as to the cause of your issue. Does your keyboard have speakers or a headphone output? Does the sound play out of those keyboard speakers/headphone output when you play the song in Mixcraft?

Anyway, here's a screen shot for checking if a track is set to external instruments:
The attachment ExternalMIDI.png is no longer available
Thanks for your reply!

I have checked my MIDI-tracks, and all of them are assigned to internal synths (piano). Two of the MIDI-tracks were assigned to "custom", but I reassigned them to "piano", and tried to mixdow, but to no avail.

But I discovered that if I ignored the message (see below) "Do you want to continue", and pressed "Yes", I could mixdown!!!
Mixcraft.jpg
Mixcraft.jpg (199.72 KiB) Viewed 8125 times
My MIDI-synth (Miditech 25) have no headphone output, nor any speakers, only an usb output.
M@rkus/
Sweden
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Interesting! I am curious to know what prompts that message.

Glad you could still render. :D
*Vibrant Audio*
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Attach your project to your support ticket reply and we'll check it out.

Greg
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Attach your project to your support ticket reply and we'll check it out.

Greg
Done!

Regards/
M@rkus
M@rkus/
Sweden
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I found the problem. Somehow, the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth got added to the virtual instrument setting on track 6. Just remove that item, and the error will go away.

Greg
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

I found the problem. Somehow, the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth got added to the virtual instrument setting on track 6. Just remove that item, and the error will go away.

Greg

Thanks a lot for your help!

But....there´s something weird going on here...Everytime I try to erase the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, Mixcraft freezes up on me, and I have to do the old ctrl+alt+del again. This problem is probably conncted to my problems with turning off Mixcraft!

So, it seems I´m stuck withe the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth...
M@rkus/
Sweden
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You could also just un-check it.

The next time Mixcraft freezes when you quit, send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

You could also just un-check it.

The next time Mixcraft freezes when you quit, send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a short video: Mixcraft Mini-Tip: How To Find Your Mixcraft Log File

Greg
Best Greg!

I unchecked the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, and tried to mix down, but no luck, still the same message about external MIDI synthesizers. Also, I still can´t turn the program off! I´m sending you the latest log file.
Thanks for all the help!

Best regards!
M@rkus/
Sweden