V3 BETA: Changing pan for individual sound

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Killer

V3 BETA: Changing pan for individual sound

Post by Killer »

I haven't posted this as a bug, as I'm unsure if it's my understanding of how the new version works.

To change the pan setting for an individual SOUND in V2 I could move over the envelope, the mouse pointer would become a double-headed arrow, I clicked and dragged the whole envelope up or down.

In V3 as soon as I move over the envelope the mouse pointer become a cross-hair, and when I click I get an envelope point.

Reasons for wanting it to work the first way (the V2 way) is that I may have the track panned to centre but want individual sounds at different pan settings.

TIA

Steve
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Mixcraft 3, hold down the Shift key and click on the envelope line. You can then drag the entire line up and down.

Greg
Killer

Thank you

Post by Killer »

Thanks for the response re moving the whole of an envelope. makes more sense!

Steve
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Yes, we changed the way you can select sounds. It was confusing for some people to try to select a section of sound (because you had to click outside it). Now you can initiate a selection box either way: inside the sound or outside.
teej

Post by teej »

OK, am I missing something? That takes care of amplitude within individual sounds, but how about panning left/right within a sound?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

teej wrote:OK, am I missing something? That takes care of amplitude within individual sounds, but how about panning left/right within a sound?
That works almost the same way it did in Mixcraft 2. Select Pan from the envelope type setting at the top of the screen, then (here's what's different) hold down the Ctrl key and click inside the sound to set the pivot points.
teej

Post by teej »

Select Pan from the envelope type setting at the top of the screen, then (here's what's different) hold down the Ctrl key and click inside the sound to set the pivot points.
Cool, but I believe Killer was referring to panning within an individual sound, and the option at the top of the screen changes from volume to panning, etc., for the entire project. Or am I missing something yet again?!

If I'm not mistaken, my external editor (Audacity) can perform this function. Just load the wave file, separate the right and left, and pan, crossfade, etc.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, the control at the top of the screen works for individual sounds, using the line that runs down the middle of the sound to control the pan.

Load up a sound, select Pan, and drag the line up or down to see the pan percentages change. That affects just that one sound.

Greg
teej

Post by teej »

Thanks Greg, I finally caught on to the concept, duh! Thanks for your patience..

T