Another Bug: It won't record.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

fredfish

Re: Another Bug: It won't record.

Post by fredfish »

Ianpb wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. It's descended into entertaining comedy.
Point taken :D

John
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Ianpb wrote:A real musician, eh? Wow, that's impressive. Street fighter too, by the look of it. Zzzz.

Serious musicians would surely use a desktop rather than be confined to the inevitable limitations of a laptop.
or be using an el cheapo $30 Behringer uca 202 that has more bad reviews than sugar free Jello. :roll:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... -interface

buy a decent interface w/ ASIO.
also,on some systems ASIO4ALL conflicts w/ other ASIO drivers.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

gypsy101 wrote: or be using an el cheapo $30 Behringer uca 202 that has more bad reviews than sugar free Jello. :roll:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... -interface

buy a decent interface w/ ASIO.
also,on some systems ASIO4ALL conflicts w/ other ASIO drivers.
I used to use one of those UCA202 interfaces with my Xenyx802 mixer. I found the dedicated 64-bit USB driver supplied on Behringer's Downloads page a big improvement over ASIO4ALL.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/U-C ... loads.aspx

It's odd that Behringer are now claiming it can be used without a special driver, because I never found that to be the case.

I stopped using it when I bought a vastly superior M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI Soundcard. The latency is much lower, although my brother still uses the UCA202 with his Xenyx502 mixer and achieves good quality, but his productions tend to be simpler than mine.
Last edited by Ianpb on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Laptop or desktop, doesnt matter, real musicians who wish to incorporate a computer into their rig in any way have known forever that an interface or dedicated soundcard was an essential requirement. Trying to use an OEM on-board soundcard is a recipe for frustration.

This guy doesnt want help, just a place to vent his frustrations.

Ignored.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Juno

Post by Juno »

For those that read and now think: "jeez, i can't use Mixcraft on a laptop apparently": you can.

Whether i'm a serious musician or not, i cannot judge. But i do play and record real instruments that did take time to learn to play. I'm totally able to use Mixcraft 6 on a laptop. I can set latency at 3 ms, should i want that.
It's an onboard Realtek soundcard. I guess a bit of a fancier one than those real cheapo's: it has 7.1 (which i don't use) and S/PDIF Out (which i do use), but it is still pretty cheap compared to a real audio interface.
I have and use the WaveRT driver (obviously). I got it from Acoustica after i started shouting in ALL COLORS 'N CAPS ON THE FORUM. Oh no, wait: it came with my laptop, on a DVD labelled "Realtek drivers".

I did however spend $$$$ on that laptop since i actually know a bit about computers and how they work and what i want them to do. Should i experience any issues with drivers/latency/recording/playback, the first thing to change in my setup would be to go and get an audio interface. A decent one, just like i spend good money for a decent laptop.

Also, I don't use pre-fab loops/samples other than to study how it's build up/as reference. But i don't think that (not) using them says anything about someone's musical integrity and abilities.

I also totally oppose the idea that because of those loops (or anything else), Mixcraft is only suitable for people who make electronic music. Yeah, sometimes i make electronica. And sometimes post-rock. And sometimes psychometal. Also, there have been plenty of good bands since "Metalica". :shock:

Now, go get De-Loused in the Comatorium as one of the best rockalbums of the 2000's, and then go whine about how a cd-player was not included. :roll: :mrgreen:
We the undersigned being of sound mind hereby do declare:
'We henceforth pledge ourselves unto the power of the Upper Air'
Doesn't that sound simply super
Zeppelin visions of the future
Of course we all know very well it wouldn't work but what the hell
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

At home my PC is fairly powerful - 6 core, 8 GB ram plus other stuff, however I frequently use Mixcraft on my laptop which is 5 years old, has 4 GB ram (1/2 a gb of which is nicked for the graphics) and it has a load of other stuff on it. And guess what - It runs mixcraft just fine. I do get very occasional hiccoughs but I can put up with that. The only thing is I do use a good external interface with native ASIO drivers.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Why do I suddenly get these visions of Zardak flashing before my eyes.....
The name of Zardak has been erased from my 'list' by Acoustica. A possible resurrection? AND a new name for the 'list'.

My advice to the sane: Don't waste your time. Eric, Greg and Dan get paid to deal with characters like this and have received special training and conditioning which I believe involves cattle prods and Klingon pain sticks :mrgreen:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Who was Zardak? It's obviously before my time.
chibear

Post by chibear »

You're pretty much getting the experience now except Zardak was less polite.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Ball

Post by Ball »

FACT TIME!

FACT: The lowest non ASIO latency with Mixcraft on most computers is 19 ms. The only latency setting that works without mixcraft crashing is 100 ms or more.

FACT: Mixcraft will NOT run as advertised on most computers unless you can find a usb interface that is compatible with mixcraft. By the time you upgrade your computer and buy Mixcraft your can by a decent stand alone unit.

FACT: Acoustica does not tell buyers that they need hardware upgrades before Mixcraft with work right.

FACT: Acoustica has not adequately tested USB audio interfaces nor has it tested external sound cards for compatibility. They seem to rely on customer reports and anecdotal evidence.

FACT: Acoustica leads buyer to believe that Mixcraft will run on most computers when they know that it won't.

FACT: As far as I can find out, no commercial studio uses MixCraft pro so implying that is it professional software ie Mixcraft Pro is misleading.

Do anymore of you fact hater wish to get pwned? :mrgreen:
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Ball wrote:...FACT: As far as I can find out, no commercial studio uses MixCraft pro so implying that is it professional software ie Mixcraft Pro is misleading...:
How hard did you try? I run a commercial studio, the only DAW my studio uses is MC Pro.
Ball

Post by Ball »

Ianpb wrote:A real musician, eh? Wow, that's impressive. Street fighter too, by the look of it. Zzzz.

Serious musicians would surely use a desktop rather than be confined to the inevitable limitations of a laptop.
A reputable company would inform buyers that MixCraft will not run properly on the majority of computers. How much does Aoustica pay you to insult customers?

According to Mixcraft system requirement my computer is more than enough to run it.

Why do you hate truth.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Truth.
I use a five year old economy laptop all the time. Economy interface and the supplied ASIO driver that came with it. Successful function with latency well under 10Ms.
You are the one who is FOS.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

I think I finally have this fellow figured.

New kid on the block (only joined 3 weeks ago); comes in, guns blazing, bad mouthing an excellent product and insulting all and sundry. His statements and arguments are devoid of logic and he continually rejects advice given.

I've seen the likes of this on other forums too. I think that tough street fighter attitude is really a huge cover up for a character totally opposite of that which he is trying to portray. I reckon he gets his kicks from from our responses and loves to insult at any cost. He's got 4 pages of it on this thread alone!

Why cater to his whims?
Last edited by TrevsAudio on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Ball

Post by Ball »

mbliss wrote:Truth.
I use a five year old economy laptop all the time. Economy interface and the supplied ASIO driver that came with it. Successful function with latency well under 10Ms.
You are the one who is FOS.
If that were true you would have said what your computer is and your interface. Do you work for Conte or Landingham or are you one of them?

Remember what the late great Etta James said, "If you can't lie no better than that, you might as well tell the truth"