How to create ambient sounds for new age music

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

terryleroe

How to create ambient sounds for new age music

Post by terryleroe »

Hi,
I would like to get some help on how to create ambient sounds. If someone has a process they would like to share on how they do it. Which vst plugins they use etc.
Thanks
Terry Roe
chibear

Re: How to create ambient sounds for new age music

Post by chibear »

Hi,

I don't think there is any set formula or procedure anyone can give you as 'New Age' covers a wide spectrum of sound styles. I'd suggest you look at the Acoustica Synth and Voice presets and see what you like there and build from that.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
carllackey

Post by carllackey »

hi. i use absynth 5 and camel audio's alchemy for a lot of my ambient/pad sounds. native instrument's absynth 5 has a very rich and deep set of sounds. and the presets are incredible! remeber, there are no rules to electronic music.create a loop, play it, then duplicate it, and on the second add effects, or chop it up to make both loops interesting. just use your imagination!
Guy

Post by Guy »

Check out ambientonline.org. They have lots of "how to" there and are a bunch of great guys from around the world that are willing to help out. Plus lots of great Ambient music! Hope this helps.
davefk

Post by davefk »

This website has a ton of free 'Ambient' synths. Most of them are for drones etc. But there are a few really good 'musical ones' too. :D

http://www.hgf-synthesizer.com/
terryleroe

Post by terryleroe »

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions!!!
Terry