"Project corrupt." Huh?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

nebularticus15

"Project corrupt." Huh?

Post by nebularticus15 »

Hello.

What happened was; I was working on a MX5 project, then I added a virtual instrument track to the project and then saved the changes. But it only got to 94% saved, and then froze, so I closed the program. Then I reopened MX5 and reloaded the project, but instead of loading the program, a dialogue box keeps coming up saying "The software failed to load the project...It may be corrupt." So, obviously I can't do anything on that project. How can I fix this? It was my best project yet.

I don't know if it's relevant but this 'corrupt' project is a copy[?] of a previous project [I've had no probs with that previous project] but I've made lots of changes to this current one. This was the first time I'd tried to add a new track to the current project.

Any help will be welcomed.

Thank you.
davefk

Re: "Project corrupt." Huh?

Post by davefk »

Just a thought, each time you save your project a backup is created. Do you have a backup in the project folder?
nebularticus15

Post by nebularticus15 »

davefk wrote:Just a thought, each time you save your project a backup is created. Do you have a backup in the project folder?
Yes, there is. But the same thing happens when I try to load that, too.

Thanks.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Hi,
nebularticus15 wrote:
davefk wrote:Just a thought, each time you save your project a backup is created. Do you have a backup in the project folder?
Yes, there is. But the same thing happens when I try to load that, too.

Thanks.
Can you not go back through your backups till you find one that works? You will lose some of your work but at least have a project again. I got into the habit of saving every time I made a change I liked so I was only one step back in case of disaster. Also I'd check out that VST in a blank project before using it again just in case.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
nebularticus15

Post by nebularticus15 »

chibear wrote:
Can you not go back through your backups till you find one that works?...
No, because there's only one backup which was created automatically, at the same time this problem occurred, but it wont load either. I'll obviously look into creating my own backups from now on.

Thanks.

*or am I missing something here? I'm not a computer whizz, but are there backups I can try to load? I didn't create any.
chibear

Post by chibear »

*or am I missing something here? I'm not a computer whizz, but are there backups I can try to load? I didn't create any.
Now that I think of it, I believe backups are automatically generated only in 6. If I'm wrong someone will chime in and tell you where they are in 5.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, automatic backups were introduced in Mixcraft 6. Mixcraft 6 creates a backup file every time you save. Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and send us the project file and we'll see if we can open it.

Greg

P.S. Mixcraft 5 owners can upgrade to Mixcraft 6 for $20.
nebularticus15

Post by nebularticus15 »

Thanks guys for all your help but I'm just gonna leave it there. I can easily recreate the project I was working on, no worries. In fact, I've thought up ways to make the song even better, so, yeah, if the problem reoccurs, but somehow I think it wont, then I'll really look into it.

Yep, I'll definitely be upgrading to 6 in the very near future. It sounds very cool.

Thanks very much.

Peace.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hopefully a lesson learned, and well worth a reminder to all.
Save often.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
aj113

Post by aj113 »

mbliss wrote:
Hopefully a lesson learned, and well worth a reminder to all.
Save often.
Each day when I work on a project the first thing I do is 'save as' and include the date. That way, even if you lose everything, the worst that will happen is you lose a day's work. This is totally necessary, because Mixcraft is not perfect, I get corrupt files too every now and then.