Converting Midi to audio?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mixcraftmonkey

Converting Midi to audio?

Post by mixcraftmonkey »

Hi

I've tried a search on this forum for the answer but it's a bit tricky. Ok say I have a midi track, and I want to convert it to audio so that other people can mix all my tracks but don't need to have mixcraft...how would I do this?

Thanks
clavguy

Re: Converting Midi to audio?

Post by clavguy »

You need to play it through some VST synth or the like or something like Miroslav. Then just render it to an audio file.

Cheers
Pierre
mixcraftmonkey

Post by mixcraftmonkey »

thanks, I'm going to sound thick and I have looked or lazy that I haven't (I'm thick)...but how do you render it? I've done this on other programs just not familiar with mixcraft's way...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Mixcraft, click on the File menu and select "Mix Down to...," then choose the audio format you want.

Greg
mixcraftmonkey

Post by mixcraftmonkey »

HI Greg - surely that's for the whole recording...all the tracks? I'm wanting to take one track of midi and turn it to audio...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Solo that one track.

Or select the area you want to mix down and choose the "Use Selection" option when you mix down.

Greg
mixcraftmonkey

Post by mixcraftmonkey »

ahhh...ok it will save it as a wav and if I need it in mix again it's just added... great thanks.
mellotron

Post by mellotron »

This thread is pretty old, so I am hoping that Mixcraft has been updated enough to do what I am hoping to do.

Is there a way to "print" or record a MIDI track into an audio track right within a Mixcraft project? I know that I can Mix Down To... mp3, wav, whatever. but that means sending the output outside of MC, then Adding a Sound to bring it back in. I am thinking that there must be some way to send the output of a MIDI track as the input to an audio track within the current session/project.

I am running Mixcraft Pro Studio 9.
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

mellotron wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:02 pm This thread is pretty old, so I am hoping that Mixcraft has been updated enough to do what I am hoping to do.

Is there a way to "print" or record a MIDI track into an audio track right within a Mixcraft project? I know that I can Mix Down To... mp3, wav, whatever. but that means sending the output outside of MC, then Adding a Sound to bring it back in. I am thinking that there must be some way to send the output of a MIDI track as the input to an audio track within the current session/project.

I am running Mixcraft Pro Studio 9.
Right Click on the Midi file's on the track panel. A menu will come up with Mix to to New Audio Track. You can also select the midi track and go to the Track Menu and select Mix to New Audio Track. A new audio track will pop up and your midi track will be muted.
mellotron

Post by mellotron »

That was perfect. Thanks!

I thought I had seen it before, but was looking under "File" rather than right-clicking the track.
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Is there any way to quickly convert an individual midi clip to audio and not the entire track?
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

ferez21 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:32 pm Is there any way to quickly convert an individual midi clip to audio and not the entire track?
Temporarily put that midi clip onto its own track and then convert?
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

vizionheiry wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:07 pm
ferez21 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:32 pm Is there any way to quickly convert an individual midi clip to audio and not the entire track?
Temporarily put that midi clip onto its own track and then convert?
Thanks, but that's a workaround and you'll still get a project-long audio clip that you need to cut.
Any cleaner way to do that?
Dude705

Post by Dude705 »

Maybe split the section of the track, right click and select mix to audio?
ferez21

Post by ferez21 »

Thanks,
Eventually I found out that for now, the most convenient way will be to use "Mix to New Audio Track", then select the portion I want and Crop.

I just want to point out, maybe as a suggestion, that in most DAWs you simply need to drag a MIDI clip into an Audio channel and it is automatically converted to audio.