Vocal pitch tweaking with the Automation tool

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

corthew

Vocal pitch tweaking with the Automation tool

Post by corthew »

I don't want my voice to sound autotuned and my flaws are never very far off but the pitch correcting plugin often takes it in the wrong direction.

Being able to tweak it with the same level of detail as with the volume automation would be a major improvement to the software.

When I search the forum all I find are references to the stuff that makes it sound autotuned.

I want to be able to bend the pitch of my voice the same way I can for a midi.
Please tell me you're working on it or its available now.:)

Thanks
We're each and all just a bunch of rats
thinking each and all of the rest are cats.
Out of fear and anger we stand our ground.
Out of fear and anger we all fall down.
bbdrmz

Re: Vocal pitch tweaking with the Automation tool

Post by bbdrmz »

Most really good autotune prducts are pretty pricey. Probably best to do a thousand or so takes rather than auto tune anyway. Im a drummer and have done the same track over and over and over for the past three days. So, I know about how its sucks to get perfection. But, hey...there's a price for everything. How much is your time worth vs. how much is the great auto tuner? Problem solved. :?
"I am thankful to all those who said no. It's because of them I did it myself."
Albert Einstein

Win-7
ASUS M5A99X
AMD fx-8350 eight core
32-GB DDR3 RAM
aj113

Post by aj113 »

corthew wrote:I don't want my voice to sound autotuned and my flaws are never very far off but the pitch correcting plugin often takes it in the wrong direction.

Being able to tweak it with the same level of detail as with the volume automation would be a major improvement to the software.

When I search the forum all I find are references to the stuff that makes it sound autotuned.

I want to be able to bend the pitch of my voice the same way I can for a midi.
Please tell me you're working on it or its available now.:)

Thanks
Split the clip so that the part you want to pitch is in a single clip. Click on the clip to highlight it. Click on the sound tab in the bottom half of the screen. There you can adjust the pitch of the clip.
Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

I do like aj113 suggested. Split into another track and make harder adjustments to that clip.